Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

In which we talk about Land of Lions!

Hello and welcome to a new week, dear reader of this post! How are you today? How was the weekend? How are things going? How did you wake up? How would you like your tea? A lot of questions! I hope you are well, and I wish you the best! How is the weather? Here's another one! Here it's been hot, only a fan helps me from not melting away, even in the morning, when I drink my coffee, I have to be standing next to a fan, or else I sweat a lot! Lunchtime is a torture in the heat, and I have had to take more than one shower a day in order to stay fresh! That's how things go in the New World! The Jungle may retreated and cities are in its place, but the Jungle climate stays, oh how it does... Showing how us Humans are such a success in adaptation! There are cities in the Far North and in the tropics! Where it snows and where the heat is unbearable. Speaking of snow, Christmas is coming, how amazing is that? Also, Halloween is upon us! Spooky season reach its climax! Anyway, I have a lot to say on Anno 1800's new expansion, so we should jump to it pronto!

Land of Lions, an avalanche of too muchness! Not that I'm complaining, quite the opposite! Starting in the expedition leading to this new region, you are face with decisions, decisions! Lots and lots of them, so many different paths to go! After those, if you ge through them, you are introduced to Mr. Biniam and Emperor Ketema, of the faraway lands of Enbesa! An ancient empire located in the southeast, the ruler wants you to build the new capital of the realm in the Island of Taborime, and this is only the beginning! Soon, you will meet an old pal, coming from the Old World, and so it goes further! Not only that, but you will also meet the other influential people in Enbesa, from an old order of librarians, to forgotten merchants of the Sahara, and decaying pirates of the southeast, each one coming with their own history and quirks!

The land of the grand feline king sounds inspired in Ethiopia, it is a shame that "the faith of the Lord" quoted everywhere is not absolutely pointed to be Christianism, as Ethiopia is famous for being the land of the Lion of Judah, a Christian nation pretty much since Christianism was a thing, being otherwise famous for its Jewish presence. The Queen of Shabah is also mentioned, I think, my humble interpretation, says something with the actual legend of the Queen of Sheba, of the stories of the great Sovereign of the Jewish people, Solomon. Ketema also sounds to be an interpretation of Emperor Menelik II, the modernizer, that I mentioned before in one of my posts. Anyway, one thing is for sure, the Anno team went deep into culture, history and tradition in order to deliver this rich story, hard to believe it's true and present on a videogame, in a city building videogame with a strong touch of strategy. It's like playing an entirely new game, and this is also its downfall, because you spend too much time in Enbesa, and can neglect the Old World and the New World also, this is how successfull the new region is, outshining the poor artic so much, the cold winds of the North are no match to the hot sands of the south, with its dry grass begging to be irrigated, its singing shepherds and Elders of old. I could go On and On talking about all the new features, I haven't even mentioned the Scholars yet, or the Hibiscus Tea mentioned everywhere also. Speaking of Ethiopia, you can also feel Egyptian influence in the region, which is awesome. Yes, there is a lot to say on this expansion, which I think it's a success, a triumph! Wow... I'm mind blown just writing about it. I feel bad for talking such nasty things about the Artic, you guys know I love the cold, and the region is gorgeous, but concerning storyline, gameplay, and so on, this Land is the winner of my attention! Will I write more about it in the near-far future? Who knows? There is a lot to be written about it though, that's for sure! Anyway, this post is getting long, you guys know I don't like long posts too much, but anyway, this one is one for the books! See you all next time, and may next time be real soon!

Comments

Popular Posts