Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

In which we talk BRIEFLY about my first impressions on Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition!

Hey guys and good morning and happy Saturday! How are you today and how are things going? How is the weather? Here it is HOT! I don't wanna say too hot, but you guys know me, I'm a person that prefers the cold, anyway, I wish you the best, as usual! Today's post is gonna be improv as usual, and it will be a bit its and bits because I'm watching the Saxy Gamer Livestream while I write! I had class today also, which is odd, but the teacher explained the situation, so yea, it happens! Today I'd like to ramble just a bit about the DE of AOE! What does that mean? Let's jump in to see!

So, I've been a long life fan of Age of Empires, been playing since 2005, so I even got the Remaster of AOE III, my favorite, in pre-sale! When the day come, October 15th, took FOREVER to upload the game! The download part was somewhat fast, but the unpack of the game? Dear God took 105 years! Anyway, so I played it, and I lost my first game playing as Sweden, the new civ added, I'm a bit rusty on the game, because I haven't played it since February, so I think that's excusable, even if I lost it on stream. What I've seen from the game, they changed some stuff. Example: The Iroquois and Sioux Civs are no more, being replaced by more "accurate representations" or whatever this means... It's interesting that they care so much about "accuracy" because have you seen the Metropolis for Russia, St. Petersburg?

This screenshot is from 2014 as you can see, so this is not the definitive edition at all, but they didn't change the look of the metropolis, just made it 4K quality, so yea, moving on, you must agree that...

It definitely do not look like that at all, and this comes from a game that puts Elizabeth I and Frederick II of Prussia on the same map, and it goes on, anyway, this is merely aesthetics, the most significant change is the fact that you don't need to level up to unlock better cards on the game, which is a big bummer if I do say so myself, because that kind of takes away the investment and the care you have for that city state, but I don't know, I get it, it can have its good side, but I still think it's kind of a bummer....

They changed the banner for Russia as well, and changed the images for the leaders. I think the most significant one, apart from the aesthetic changes, is the card system indeed. It is a bummer as well that you can't customize the home city for Sweden, Stockholm, even if it does look gorgeous already. I also found some glitches while playing, but well, enough with the rant, I think the remaster is okay, a 8-10 for sure, but those are only my first impressions, because the thing was only now released, we gotta see my final opinion as time goes by, if I remember I'll try to write it down here as well... Anyway, you guys know my improv style, thank you so much for being here, means a lot! Have a peaceful weekend and I see you real soon!

Comments

Popular Posts