Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which I plan my Christmas Card for 2024

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post. Happy Sunday, and I wish you the best, both today and on the new week. I must say: September is going by very fast. It is not a bad thing on its own, but I dread the approximation of Summer. There is the bright side the season of holidays is coning, with special dates such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, specially Christmas on my end, since it is my favorite one. How are you, this Sunday? I was here very recently, so I do not expect you to be that much in a different mood, even if a lot can happen in even a couple of hours. s for me, I am... still afloat, recovering from a harsh day, of many tears and no hope. As I try to occupy my free time, I did manage to play some games, such as Sims 3, and Europa Universalis, as well as trying Victoria 3 once again. On Sims 3, as I was in much distress, I decided that I would treat myself to some expansions of the game that I was missing: those were the niche last one released for the game:

In which we talk about my friend

Hey everyone! Happy Monday and good morning! Wish you the best! How is the weather? Here it is hot, but since it's morning, not overwhelmingly hot yet, which is a good thing at least. My succulents are thriving on this heat, also a good thing, and I saw clouds in the sky today, also a good thing! Some good things indeed. Yesterday I went to the house of my grandparents and I also had a good time! What wasn't a good time was the crappy mood I was in yesterday, this do suck, and made me lay in bed for the whole day, but anyway, like I said, there is a silver lining, clouds in the sky, my succulents growing, all the small things! I've been thinking about what to write about today, and I decided I'd like to write a bit about an old pal of mine, don't know if I can share his name, so I'll call him Monsieur G.

I met him a while ago now, he was one of my first online friends of my late adolescence, youth adulthood (not the first by any means, but indeed one of). I was using Tumblr less and less and finding my historical posts (always my love for History) more on the side of Instagram. He had a blog there where he would write about interesting themes, and with time I decided to send him a message, so I did, he was the only one of this period I thought about talking, and the more I did the more I was captivated by this romantic soul and I kept on talking with him for months. The height of this golden period was in February 2017, but it was not to last, a road filled with bumps was ahead. We struggled, he struggled on some demons cursing his life, I struggled for not being able to fully help, I was frightened by the heavy burden of taking care of a suffering friend, it was harsh, and it got worse. Ups and downs, until the end of 2017 and beginning of 2018, when I became absent of his life, I was frightened so I ran away, like the corward I am. But also to live a vibrant period of my life, which was also not to last, being crashed in March 2018, and starting another road filled with bumps, to the dark period of May 2018, and that lead to the creation of this blog I'm writing on right now. Not everything bad come out of bad periods of life, as not everything good is what there is to say about golden ages. That come and go in life.


2019 rolled in, and so came 2020, with the humiliation I suffered in March, that was traced back to anxieties due to the fact I wanted to try reestablishing contact with this old pal, that I always liked a lot. It took more months, but fortunately I gathered the courage to speak to him again, and I was reminded of why I liked him so much. He is a kind soul, clever, bright, an artist, a romantic individual, whose the destiny hasn't been kind with. He is good, loves cats, just like I do, likes history as well, and it's a wonderful person to chat with. I decided to pay him an homage with this fanart, as I do with many friends of mine, he said I captured his depression well, he has a sense of humor... I like him a lot, and I wish him the best, and I pray for his well being. I don't pitty him, he is incredibly strong and has dealt with a lot, he is my equal, my brother, my dear brother, I am privileged to know him, and I'm glad we are friends.

Comments

Popular Posts