Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

In which I have a very rough couple of weeks

Please forgive me, dear reader, for the time I didn't upload here on the blog, almost 15 days, the time of a regular trip, it's been rough, not going to lie. Between the stress of the American election (I know this is a personal blog but I don't want to talk it further about this topic, You guys know I'm a paleolibertarian with conservative views also, specially fiscal conservative ones, but it's such a divisive topic, I want my blog to be enjoyed by everyone, left and right, have friends on both sides, so not gonna get deeper into this one for now, not in this post at least), my grandpa being at the hospital, and deleting the files of the External HD of my mother BY ACCIDENT, the doctor's appointments that took whole periods of the day, and stuff, just the stress of studying going to the gym, cause I have to exercise, which is a bummer, as I hate doing it, skipping college because of those reasons also, a whole week in college days is the difference between life and death, I guess I'm pretty dead right now. I have good moments and bad moments, which is to be expected... I should draw a bit today, something I also haven't been doing much, and like, I formatted my computer, I reinstalled Windows, and actually, I should write a post about it.


Posting this Garfield strip cause ya know, I love Garfield, and I ordered pizza yesterday, so yea!

It started when I wanted to restore my computer, make it faster and stuff. My computer is only one year old, for Christ's sake, but it drives me insane sometimes! Well, I tried reinstalling Windows through the cloud, it didn't go well, this Sunday was so busy, with me going to the house of my grandparents for lunch and cake and then also visiting my grandpa at the hospital. Anyway, in the end I borrowed the External HD of my mother so I could put Windows in it and reinstall stuff, and with that said, something I'm gonna say loud here: IF YOU HAVE AN EXTERNAL HD FULL OF IMPORTANT FILES, LIKE MY MOTHER, DO NEVER, AND I REPEAT, DO NEVER EVER PUT WINDOWS IN IT, BECAUSE WINDOWS WILL FORMAT THE HD, DELETING EVERYTHING IN IT, AND LIKE, WILL ALSO MAKE YOUR 500GB HD INTO A CRAPPY 32GB ONE. What a stupid mistake that turned into a nightmare coming true like yellow Diamonds in the Lie. My mother almost baked my heart, she almost lost 200GB worth of life files, work stuff, all her pictures from trips we've been, all I thought was gone. Well, it wasn't gone, because I got a software that Recovered the files, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard, a very good one, recommended. But like, super expensive, it was like 70 dollars for a yearly license for the program, wow, it was rough, had to recover more than 80K files, 200GB, took me days to recover the important stuff. Wow, a week without gaming, I couldn't stream, even attend classes, I couldn't (except for my Illustrator class, the one I'M ALMOST FINISHING, FINALLY!) just recovering files, if you don't want that to be your life, DO NOT PUT WINDOWS ON YOUR EXTERNAL HD WITH IMPORTANT STUFF.

In the end I got the files though, rebooted my computer, I mean, is it faster now? Kind of, time will tell, it is what it is, let me tell you, this machine doesn't deserve half the love and care I give to it. This tough November can get better, The Crown Season 4 is coming (please be good), The Sims new expansion with nice stuff is here also, which is nice, Civ is coming with the Babylon Pack soon, which is great. And CHRISTMAS TIME IS HERE!!! I don't have Thanksgiving in Brazil, I do have it in heart, as I love America and its culture, BUT Well, CHRISTMAS TIME IS HERE! HAPPINESS AND CHEERS! Good things. I know, my grandpa still is at the hospital, and yea, his situation is not ideal, but not everything can be perfect... At least from a mental point of view, I'm taking my meds, overall my stress, anxiety and OCD are in check, even with all the bad moments, it could be much worse. This post is getting so big, I am lazy about starting a post at times, but when I start sometimes I get lazy about stopping, Abraham Lincoln of the movie Lincoln (a great movie) (not sure if the actual Lincoln said something on it) said something similar. I will try to resume my blog posts in the following weeks, I always try never to spend more than 10 days without updating the blog, but again, you try, sometimes you don't succeed. Right now as I am typing this I'm brainstorming ideas... Anyway, wish you the best, love you, thank you for sticking around, and I see you REAL SOON! (not gonna say next time, God knows this means (see ya in like 100 years).

Comments

Popular Posts