Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

In which we say Farewell to November, Farewell to Grandpa

Good morning my friend! Happy new week! November is about to end, let's see how it goes today! How are you? How was the weekend? I wish you the best, I hope it was better than mine! I will tell you why it was a bad one in a bit, but first, how is the weather? I hope it is mild, not too hot, it can be cold, but I hope proper clothings must solve any issue, and that bring you nice moments. I don't know why, I always feel somehow anxious in the morning, for a reason or another, but well, one step at a time, I can do it! I have to cure a disease that is making both of my plants weak, and I don't know if I'll have a test or not (odds are I will), if I do, I hope it may be a good one! 

Why Over the garden wall? I believe it's because is where my memories with my grandpa are now... I'll explain

So, November, the month of nice seasons, of Fall, of Thanksgiving, of Christmas! Unfortunately we don't have either Thanksgiving or Fall where I live in Brazil, which makes me hold to Christmas even further. Well, but November of 2020 had a lot of bad things coming with it, HD files gone, grandpa at the hospital, having to vote, burning out of College, grandpa gone. It's easy to say November is the "horrible month" of 2020, but important to say, this is no March. March had one of the most humiliating experiences of my life, and a lot of bad pressure into me, I think March overall was the "Horrible month" of 2020, with November being unfortunately in second place. At this point of the year, it is pretty frustrating to have such bad experiences, you are suppose to think that those are behind you. Well, life is not much into following scripts, is it? If I haven't mentioned here before, yes, unfortunately my Grandpa died. I hope he was in good spirit and not in pain, I know he was in a hospital bed. I talked a lot about grandpa on Twitter, on his influence in my life, the memories that arise sometimes, memories for example of the summertimes in the beach house, with Sherlock, his dog, that was so attached to him! Sherlock died in 2017, grandpa is probably happy to be with his companion again in heaven! I remember going to the mall with him and grandma, they always were very generous towards me, and for that I'm always gonna be grateful. I used to count the days for them to be back from their trips around Europe and America when I was a child, unfortunately those days are long gone, because 2012 had my grandpa with a horrible surgery that ruined his health for the next 8 years, not that his health was a great thing before that anyway... I remember using the Laptop of my grandpa to play Civilization V, and all the happy memories that Civilization V brought me, which is also an achievement of my grandpa, since it was his laptop! Grandpa wanted me to read his books, but I never wanted to, but maybe one day I will read a couple of them. He made lots of people, I was one of them, happy, and he loved many as well! I don't ever remember grandpa and grandma arguing, not even once, and I was around them for 22 years! They probably disagreed in some stuff, probably went grumpy on each other for a bit, but I can't remember of a single argument between them in those 22 years! My mom and dad fought a lot, so for me, 22 happy years (even with health issues) is something to look up to and admire! The truth is yes, I think grandpa was a mentor to me, a father, someone you admire and look up to, but we weren't very sentimental towards each other, we didn't have to be. Grandpa wasn't a "friend" like most of my friends, I didn't cry much when he went away, but that doesn't mean he won't be missed, this is a gross understatement, saying he won't be missed, but he will, because life won't be the same, because there won't be a human like him in my life again.

I am looking forward to December! I am glad this christmas season is advancing further, I want to have a good month, I won't let Corona or anything ruin any good time I may have. Should be nice. Even with the tests I may have and so on... That should be a bother for a bit, but it won't bring me down. And I hope 2020 may be closed in a happy way, one thing is for sure, this won't be my horrible year, that title belongs to 2014, so far (let's hope that I may live many years and I can still say 2014 was the worst of them, but we can't control that can we?) Love you dear reader, and I wish you so much happiness!

Comments

Popular Posts