Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

In which we talk about Civ's new Pack coming out!

Hello everyone, good morning!!!!! Hope you are having a nice day, and things are okay! I'm excited we are in November, almost December, one of the best months ever. It will be 3 months that I'm living in my new place, how crazy is that? I remember writing about moving and all the excitement that came with it! Wow! How is the weather? I sure miss winter, miss it everyday. I am worried about one of my succulents, it is with a parasite, and I don't know how to take care of it yet, but I should do something about it soon... Anyway, tomorrow is the day a DLC is coming out for Civ, one of my favorite games ever, and I'd love to chat a bit about it, don't expect a full lenghy analysis, just writing as the thoughts come out... Well, let's see what's new!

The city of Babylon is on the picture, what's left of it, today it looks desolated and hot, but this place was once the set of an important kingdom, which we'll talk about in a sec.
So, the Star of the new pack coming out is the new Civ: Babylon, with its new leader: Hammurabi! Joining Sumer in the fertile crescent region of ancient Iraq, they are all about science. Their Eurekas are OP, giving up the whole technology when they are activated, but, here's a catch, they get a massive penalty in science research, -50% of science production, which is insanely bad. We are going to see if their powerful eureka moments are gonna be enough to compensate for this nerf. This can open the opportunity for new gameplays, specially with their other bonus, where the first district of its kind starts with the tier 1 building in it. I strongly encourage that you go for culture when playing this Civ, and also building as many campuses as possible to balance it out the weak science production, and also to boost the production of great scientists, which acquisition will be crutial in order to catch up! I'd advise for some faith, too, but this is my advice for most civs, just invest in Culture, science, and faith, and you are good to go. Of course, going for some Economic districts is always advisable as well. I don't know if this will be the civ for those who like playing Domination, with the science penalty. But on Civ, really, I think most civs are versatile enough to be played in different ways. Of course, some are more designed towards a kind of victory, such as The Zulus and The Macedons for Domination, and Kongo not being able to pursuit a religious victory, but being insanely good at culture nonetheless, anyway, but overall, most civs can be lead in different ways! So if you want to try for domination with Babylon, I won't advise you against it!
This Pack is also coming out with the Heroes and Legends mode, which will give you access to insane new units such as Hercules, for example! They will have unique powers and will boost your civ in powerful ways! It won't be my mode, because it's one more focused on Domination, I fear, but I could play it maybe once or twice. I wish I could buy this pack in release, but since the last time I checked (yesterday) I don't have enough money to get it, will have to wait a couple of days before catching up with the pack. Let us hope for the best case scenario! If you have any doubts and want to know more about Civilization, let me know and I can write more about it in the future, you could add a comment or send me an email, or catch me on my social media! Either way, thank you so much for being here, wish you the best always, and happy Wednesday!

Comments

Popular Posts