Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which the much waited DLC for Victoria 3 comes out!

Good morning, my friend, reader of this post! Happy Thursday! How are you and how was your week so far? How is the weather? As for me, I cannot deny it was a week with a great event, new DLC for Victoria 3 being released. The game, that I haven't touched much since May, was quickly revived by this new content. More on that, further on the this blog entry. I am overall okay, some ups and downs, I suppose it happens. At least I managed to sleep more reasonably Wednesday night, it has been rare for me to rest as much when I am supposed to do it, so that is a good achievement! The weather has been pleasant as well, cheers to that, I love Winter! How June is going by fast, at this point. Soon, it will be over. I already should plan on my Wrap up post of the month, so we can start July in a good way... one month closer to my birthday. I still hope I can switch phones, somehow, but financial troubles still haunt me. I did spend more in June than I was expecting, way more than I should, mu

In which we talk about this particular song from Land of Lions

Hello everyone! Good morning! Wish you the best! How are you and how are things? Hope it's going a-okay! How is the weather, how is it going? Here, it is hot and humid, but luckily I'm not struggling much with it, as I'm in my bedroom, with my fan on, and such! I was listening to the soundtrack of the most recent release of Anno 1800, and a composition came back to my attention. I heard this one was inspired (though I can't confirm that 100%) on the one Over The Lands of Manchuria, a classic from the Russian Empire, anyway, let me share them both with you, and know my main focus today will be the one in Anno, not the Russian one, but I'll share them both anyway! Take a listen!

Anno's 1800's nice song

Over the Hills of Manchuria

This song is amazing, the theme of the Empire and Mr. Blake on Enbesa, it is imponent, ambitious, extraordinary, also has a sneaky and anti-villain side to it (thank you Kyle for presenting me with the idea of the Anti-Villain, one that doesn't want to be the bad guy, but it turns out to be the one, as the Anti-Hero is the one that doesn't want to be the hero, and ends up being the hero) or even of a neutral character with second intents. I suspect of Anno's bias on portraying the Old World in this section like this, as a critique on the foreign policy of European nations in the 19th century. There is a lot to be said, in the libertarian perspective, in the classical liberal perspective, in the conservative perspective, and in the statist perspective, on it. It's not necessary to say there is also a left-wing perspective on this, because that's the dominant, chocking and overwhelming view on the topic today. Anyway, I am not necessarily a fan of how Anno approach the Old World in Enbesa, but I can respect and admire the current story happening, as it's rich, and nothing is what it seems! It shows a lot also in the libertarian perspective, and to bring that to an Ethiopian scene, it's exotic and cool! Land of Lions is such a worthy addiction to this Anno's release, it becomes a mandatory one, where unfortunately The Passage, though beautiful, is unecessary and passable. Like I said before, too much for too little. Land of Lions balance things out, it has its difficulties, sure, but it has an engaging and gratifying gameplay to compensate! I love bringing water to the Savana! I love brewing hibiscus tea, saving Waha Desher from its demise, recovering the library in Kidusi Anitoni, trying to reconciliate the prince-pirates in Angereb with Emperor Ketema, and also building bridges between the old world and this one, ancient but alive still.

Anyway, as I don't usually write two days in a roll, and since tomorrow is Saturday, so that two days could MAYBE turn into a three days in a roll, I'll stop this post right here, and I'll wish you the best, and I see you real soon!

Comments