Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

In Which we have a year of no Poetry

A year, no poetry
By Daniel M.




I haven't written poetries in a while
A year passed
Nothing came to me

A new decade has not yet dawned
But it was a cycle indeed
A whole month passed
It seemed like the last was continued

January came with the blues
February did not bring me clues
What was to happen in March
When my World was turned to ash

Humiliated and at tears
I did not know how to proceed
Old games paved new ways
I had to move forward

May ended with a bang
Purges were on the way
Then came my friend Luke
And the sun returned to shine

Lovely month of June
But in July I was alongside boxes
And in August my world changed once more
At the end of the season of socks

Money came in September, alongside a friend
It was not to last, all of this had an end
Microphone was purchased
Friend went away, he won't be seemed

Files were lost
My grandfather went away
But the course was finished
December brought a new day

Christmas was a joy
My friend Tofu is back
Morning anxiety won't attack
Lamentations won't I destroy

I haven't written poetries in a while
A year has passed
Was not a bad one

Was not a bad one
My words are deceiving
Life moves forward
The days will keep on dawning

Was not a bad one
Though described I did like it was
Frequently men are attracted to bad news
Takes time to build
Seconds to destroy

What is good is revealed
Knocks the door first
What it's bad breaks down
It burns all to the ground

A new Decade has not yet Dawned
But it was a cycle indeed
December will pass
January will bring new forecasts

Comments