Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

In which we talk about the campaign of Anno 1404

Hey guys, happy Friday! It is that day of the week, loved by so many people! And it's December, it is Christmas season, makin things even better! How are you? What did you have for breakfast? I had some chocolate croissants and some chocolate beverage, today I kinda treated myself, something I should be careful on doing, as I do need to lose weight! I'm visiting grandma, it's nice to be here, I will return home tomorrow, maybe after lunch, specially because I wanna do a stream this Saturday, and I'm not sure how the internet of the house of grandma would hold on a stream, and I'm not too sure if I should use my phone internet for it, never something I like doing. Anyway, today I had some collection of thoughts on one of my favorite games ever! I can't wait to share my insight with you guys, so let's jump to it!

When I was younger, I remember being fascinated by the story offered by the campaign of Anno 1404, which is pretty much this: There is a crusade going on, at first you will work for the Crusade, then you will try to stop it. There is a lot more going on: Lord Richard Northburgh, the npc that helps you, wants to build a cathedral in his city, because the Emperor, his cousin, is dangerously ill. Also, Cardinal Lucius, one of the main characters of the story, will give you a tremendous headache as things progresses, I am kinda torn on giving spoilers on this story or not, since this game is 11 years old by now. One thing is for sure though, the approach the characters take to Slavery and child slavery is radically different from the approach one of the 15th Century would take. I'm not saying that one couldn't be horrified by how brutal Slavery can be, but still, the indignation on their faces and its willingness to stop it from happening is kind of a concept that I don't think it would take place back then, specially on the grand vizir side, as on the Ottoman Empire and in the Arabic world, slavery, specially child slavery, and slavery traffic, was common place. It was something I didn't considered until playing the campaign again, and I decided to write it down a small note on it! This realization kinda ruined the immersion I used to have, and today I'd consider the whole plot of the story kinda dumb, but I guess it works out on the videogame world in general. It's still fun to play: the campaign, it doesn't feel like a tutorial, and you learn things naturally as it goes, which is awesome, it can also have a lot of challenge for those who are starting on the game, I know that took me forever to master the second half of the story!

Overall, even with the dumb campaign, I do think Anno 1404 is the best Anno there is, even better than Anno 1800, I don't know if it's because I've been playing this one for longer... I mean, I have a lot of fond memories with it, been playing the game since pretty much 2009. Anyway, I wish I had more to say on the matter, at least on today's post, but unfortunately I kinda ran out of things to say so far, in the future though, if I can, I should return with more insights on Anno 1404! Thank you for being here, dear reader, see you real soon!

Comments

Popular Posts