Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

In which we talk about the loading screen scene for Civ IV

Hello and good morning my friend, the reader! I like how "my friend, the reader" sounds like "frienderino" a word I use with my friends! I have to control myself a lot not to throw any "lols" in the post, I don't think it would look nice (lol). How are you today? How are things going? Wish you the best, and I also ask how is the weather? I hope it's not as hot as where I am now, because the heat sucks, let me tell you... I was watching Civ IV's loading screen recently, a true masterpiece of the series, and I decided I wanted to write about it, even! I know, weird, but just take a look at it.

Civilization IV loading screen "In the beginning"



Probably one of the most epic loading screens in all Civ history, this one tell us the saga of the appearance of humans on Earth, the path of life and the surgeance of Earth as we know it! I watched it recently and I was reminded of what an impact it had on me as a child, specially because, playing Civilization IV on crappy computers back then, loading screens were universal and would take forever to pass. This particular loading screen give us the opportunity to observe as well the artstyle of Civ IV, that was a milestone in the series! Of course I prefer the glamour and elegance of Civ V, with its polished menus, art deco fonts, definitely Civ V is my favorite in the franchise, but Civ IV has a charm to it also, it's sketches with pencil and ink, all his atmosphere, it was an evolution from Civ III. I don't like everything about Civ IV on its art though, quite the opposite, many leaders look hideous in the cartoony way of Civ IV, and we can see the 3D is rough around the edges. Civ V was a major improvement in that style, introducing us realism and sobriety, that would go so well on the Civ franchise. Makes us think, what also sets Civ VI apart from those titles is because it wasn't directly an evolutionary step, it abandoned some of the art principles of Civ V to take us again to a more cartoony approach, having more artistic liberties and establishing a firaxis style, if I can notice. You guys already know I disapprove of this move, realism and sobriety for a historic game such as Civ goes too well together! After Civ V, I can't play Civ VI, as good as it is (it's the most fun game of the franchise, and that says a lot), without having a sour taste in my mouth, because of the Disney-like leaders, its saturated scenario (thank Goodness there is a mod for fixing that, interested in what it is? Just tell me in the comments and I'll give you the link) and its abysmally simplistic menus. Okay, I'm being harsh, it's not that bad, many civ fans love this new approach, but well, this is my blog, just writing my opinions out...

I'm glad that after a week of no posting, I came back to the blog. I almost didn't write a post today, it's true, but well, at the end of the day, I did it! That's an achievement. Not everything is perfect, I forgot to update the quote of the week... but well, it is what it is, we always have tomorrow, in this case, next week. Thank you so much for being here, appreciate you a lot! And I see you real soon! May this real soon be this week, even.

Comments

Popular Posts