Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which I plan my Christmas Card for 2024

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post. Happy Sunday, and I wish you the best, both today and on the new week. I must say: September is going by very fast. It is not a bad thing on its own, but I dread the approximation of Summer. There is the bright side the season of holidays is coning, with special dates such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, specially Christmas on my end, since it is my favorite one. How are you, this Sunday? I was here very recently, so I do not expect you to be that much in a different mood, even if a lot can happen in even a couple of hours. s for me, I am... still afloat, recovering from a harsh day, of many tears and no hope. As I try to occupy my free time, I did manage to play some games, such as Sims 3, and Europa Universalis, as well as trying Victoria 3 once again. On Sims 3, as I was in much distress, I decided that I would treat myself to some expansions of the game that I was missing: those were the niche last one released for the game:

In Which we talk about What's the point...

So, what's the point of having a blog? I've been doing this since 8th of June of 2018, and now I wonder... why? I think I talked about this before, specially on the beginning of this, of this blog, but now, as it happens from time to time, some mild doubts come to my head. Some people call me a grandpa for having such a thing, a blog, I haven't received comments here since September... of 2019! It gets lonely, really. But here's the thing, I never expect anyone to come around, and when I do, I just message my friends the link to my blog, asking for their opinion, and usually they just message me what they think. It really feels like an era has passed on the internet, but... so what? I like to write and I have thoughts, ideas and opinions. I know, it can be a pain to write, and you guys know, as I take weeks sometimes to come with one single post! Stories? Don't get me start on them, takes me an undetermined period of time to think of them, thank God this isn't my job! And Poetry? Wow, I mean, I don't know, I don't know if I'm good or not, I just like to assemble words on a more artistic way... I would refuse to do them on a "modern way" or, Jesus save my soul from this, on an, ew, "post-modern way". It's just me doing freelance, improv stuff, not on a rap kind of way, specially because I hate Rap, Hip-Hop, anything of the sort, but in a romantic one, expressing my feelings, my humble way towards Beauty, even if I can suck at it... and since we're talking about "content creation", why not talk about streaming, also. Why the hell did I decide to stream? What the Mess I was getting into! And, not gonna lie, I love most of it, but a friend, or "friend", I don't know at this point anymore, I sure hope we are still friends, though I'm kinda bummed at him, not even gonna lie, still... a friend told me, if I'm at Twitch to make friends, and I am, I may be at the wrong platform. This hit me where it hurts, because I feel like a misfit on Twitch! I am not looking to entertain no one, politically I'm on the right (paleolibertarian, to be more precise, which means, having libertarian principles (which is: taking classical liberalism to its final ends) but with conservative values as well, though not necessarily supporting conservatives on politics, something I can do, but in the end all politicians are evil and want to hurt you, so NEVER trust politicians, never engage too actively in politics, don't let it ruin friendships and take over your life, which is hard, because that's precisely the point of politics, it takes over you, leading to self destruction), intelectually I'm on a more conservative path, obviously, with me talking about romantic art and true, objective beauty. Anyway, there, I'm not some empty-headed triggered SJW that wants to "donate" to some left-wing charity and appeal "good". Maybe I do want to look good, but on my own terms, which are not like the terms of those people at all. I am a misfit. In the end, are rare the places I truly feel at home, which makes me miss my grandpa even further, because he was my beacon of light in most cases, though my disagreements with him were plenty, as they were supposed to be. So, why do I have a blog, why do I stream on Twitch, why am I even living, at this point? Why do I draw? Answering this, I can't properly at this point, without saying I just like doing it, I just do it because I feel like it. I only try to have a schedule on blogging and streaming because I wish more people could get around me and chat with me, so we can enjoy each others presence. I like expressing myself, I have quite the mind, forgive me the cockyness, my World is bigger than me. This is not to answer my question of "why", but it does offer some insight on the matter. At this point I'm just rambling, I'm not even gonna put an image on this post. Well, if you read this, thank you, if you are on the left, and are still my friend, I appreciate you as well, let's build bridges where we can, as I want to have all kinds of friends, because life is more than just thoughts and philosophy, no matter what my teacher Ayn Rand would say, I tend to contest teachers a lot, anyway... And I do love Ayn Rand, but well, I also like hanging out with people and having nice convos. It's a pain to see the world so polarized like that, though it's been paving this path for a while now. Anyway, this is it for today, just know I care for you and I love you, and I wish you the best. See you real soon, and may the soon be this week, even.

Comments

Popular Posts