Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

In which I share some tips on drawing!

Hello everyone and good morning! How are you today, how are things going? As usual, I wish you the best, and hope you had a nice Sunday! I hope to return to the rhythm of things this week, even with class and all of that it comes with. The merits of my bad feelings for it we can discuss later, because speaking of returning to the rhythm of things, I started working on a drawing today, after a week of not doing so, and I made some mistakes in it that inspired me to share with you all a few tips on drawing I learnt over the course of the years!

Some of these are very straightforward, some of them are not as much, I really wanted to share them here! In total, it's only four tips, for now, but those are very important, and you guys know I like to keep my posts short and simple, if I have any other ones, I'll write about them on another post, for now, let's jump to it:

-A good one to begin is: always start with a pencil, then ink it. And when you are with the pencil, be careful not to do the lines too strongly, you'll erase them after you ink the work, and if they don't come out too well, it can ruin a piece, just now, I was making a drawing, and made the decision of doing some experimentation with the nose, and the result was poor, even poorer was when I decided to erase the mess I've made, because the lines were very strong, and the eraser wasn't responding too well to the task;

-When coloring the drawing, prefer to do circular movements instead of right-left/up-down ones with the color pencil (this goes specially with color pencils, my favorite tool to give life to my pieces). As tempting as it is, you are concealed when doing them up-down/left-right, you gotta keep that direction, because if you change it, it will show, and it won't look good. Circular movements allow for more freedom, which is always your goal, everything will look more organic and better!

-Don't be afraid of spending some paper on the drawings! If the first sketch don't please you, you could just pick another sheet of office paper, put it on top and trace it in a better way! I always do that, it's a good way of practice also, and not as demanding as it sounds, so no worries;

-I advise using proper ink pen, because I used writing pens before to draw, and the result can look nice in the end, but the chances of the ink to just smudge is way higher, and if that happens, the results can be catastrophic!

And for today, this is it! Thank you so much everyone for reading this small post, that I hope it is effective also! See you again real soon!

Comments