Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

In which I share some tips on drawing!

Hello everyone and good morning! How are you today, how are things going? As usual, I wish you the best, and hope you had a nice Sunday! I hope to return to the rhythm of things this week, even with class and all of that it comes with. The merits of my bad feelings for it we can discuss later, because speaking of returning to the rhythm of things, I started working on a drawing today, after a week of not doing so, and I made some mistakes in it that inspired me to share with you all a few tips on drawing I learnt over the course of the years!

Some of these are very straightforward, some of them are not as much, I really wanted to share them here! In total, it's only four tips, for now, but those are very important, and you guys know I like to keep my posts short and simple, if I have any other ones, I'll write about them on another post, for now, let's jump to it:

-A good one to begin is: always start with a pencil, then ink it. And when you are with the pencil, be careful not to do the lines too strongly, you'll erase them after you ink the work, and if they don't come out too well, it can ruin a piece, just now, I was making a drawing, and made the decision of doing some experimentation with the nose, and the result was poor, even poorer was when I decided to erase the mess I've made, because the lines were very strong, and the eraser wasn't responding too well to the task;

-When coloring the drawing, prefer to do circular movements instead of right-left/up-down ones with the color pencil (this goes specially with color pencils, my favorite tool to give life to my pieces). As tempting as it is, you are concealed when doing them up-down/left-right, you gotta keep that direction, because if you change it, it will show, and it won't look good. Circular movements allow for more freedom, which is always your goal, everything will look more organic and better!

-Don't be afraid of spending some paper on the drawings! If the first sketch don't please you, you could just pick another sheet of office paper, put it on top and trace it in a better way! I always do that, it's a good way of practice also, and not as demanding as it sounds, so no worries;

-I advise using proper ink pen, because I used writing pens before to draw, and the result can look nice in the end, but the chances of the ink to just smudge is way higher, and if that happens, the results can be catastrophic!

And for today, this is it! Thank you so much everyone for reading this small post, that I hope it is effective also! See you again real soon!

Comments

Popular Posts