Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which I plan my Christmas Card for 2024

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post. Happy Sunday, and I wish you the best, both today and on the new week. I must say: September is going by very fast. It is not a bad thing on its own, but I dread the approximation of Summer. There is the bright side the season of holidays is coning, with special dates such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, specially Christmas on my end, since it is my favorite one. How are you, this Sunday? I was here very recently, so I do not expect you to be that much in a different mood, even if a lot can happen in even a couple of hours. s for me, I am... still afloat, recovering from a harsh day, of many tears and no hope. As I try to occupy my free time, I did manage to play some games, such as Sims 3, and Europa Universalis, as well as trying Victoria 3 once again. On Sims 3, as I was in much distress, I decided that I would treat myself to some expansions of the game that I was missing: those were the niche last one released for the game:

In which we have some tips on what you need to do in order to receive tourists!

First of all, good morning and happy Thursday! With that being said, this post is gonna be long and filled with info I deem to be useful, so let's jump straight to it shall we?
In order to wait for Tourist Season, wrapping up my old save on Anno, I decided to start a new one, the new DLC was released two or three days after. The content added is already up on this save, but I still haven't been able to touch it because, well, I'm building up! My Old World cities are fairly developed, but they don't have much space for the Zoo or the Museum, so they aren't particularly attractive, apart from the docklands. I want to accomodate my special guests at my city in Crown Falls, when it's done, and at this point it isn't, I still need Investors and The Palace, and the World's Fair also, a lot of work indeed. And I want to go to the Arctic as well, so I can build up there and harvest Gas. I'm thrilled for all this pack, the new production chains and so on, BUT I still feel like my cities are not ready for it. So, what are my recommendations if you wanna properly get ready for the Tourists? Well, and this may change in the future (near, far, or in between) as I'm a newbie to all of this new stuff. I'd say, unless you already have thriving museums, docklands and zoos at 500 engineers (point in which you unlock the tourists), which, if you do, I applaud you, you are a better player than I am, don't rush for them. The Restaurants, cafes and bars seem powerful, but also a pain if you don't get your priorities straight, so, again, another reason for not rushing for it. In resume, just develop your cities, do the Enbesan quests, don't go out of your way for tourists just yet. For now, like the Research Institute, they seem like a nice buff for the late game, on Crown Falls, specially, because that's the place you'll have more space. If anything, the islands of the Cape Trelawney as well, as those are pretty juicy also, and filled with potential. As for the Old World, as much as I love it, I wouldn't invest it, in the beginning, on getting tourists there to visit my first cities. In mind I have the research Institute, where I will first develop my scholar population, start crafting items for museums and so on, increase my Engineer population also, so those can be developed faster (you should aim at 10k engineers just for the RI, why? Because with 10k working for it, you'll be able to craft items in just 10 minutes! Otherwise, crafting a legendary item can take as much as one hour and thirty minutes on standard speed, a long time to wait), anyway, a lot of building to fully explore the tourists! And I haven't even mentioned the Palace and the World's Fair, that also require a lot of building and money. You get the picture, build something worth sharing so you can share it later with those lovely people filled with money and free time. I think this also gives you a purpose on late game, as you unlock the Iron Tower, new late game production chains, and so on! Important to say, my outlook may change in the future, because I'm so new at this DLC, as is most people. The post is getting long, so I'll just end it up here! If I have any more stuff to share on this preparation topic, I will! Thank you for reading, I wish you the best!

Comments

Popular Posts