Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which I plan my Christmas Card for 2024

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post. Happy Sunday, and I wish you the best, both today and on the new week. I must say: September is going by very fast. It is not a bad thing on its own, but I dread the approximation of Summer. There is the bright side the season of holidays is coning, with special dates such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, specially Christmas on my end, since it is my favorite one. How are you, this Sunday? I was here very recently, so I do not expect you to be that much in a different mood, even if a lot can happen in even a couple of hours. s for me, I am... still afloat, recovering from a harsh day, of many tears and no hope. As I try to occupy my free time, I did manage to play some games, such as Sims 3, and Europa Universalis, as well as trying Victoria 3 once again. On Sims 3, as I was in much distress, I decided that I would treat myself to some expansions of the game that I was missing: those were the niche last one released for the game:

In Which we briefly talk about Economics, Math, and Anno 1800

Good morning everyone and happy Monday! The Tourist Season DLC is just like 36 hours away, how awesome is that? Thinking about it, I decided to write a bit about the first release of this amazing season, Docklands! But first, how are you? How is the weather? Here it varies between hot and more mild days, with rain and sun, I know my plants thrive on it. As for me, I thrive when the climate is cold, but not when it gets hotter and the sun is overwhelming, specially now that my fan is broke, much to my sadness... Well, one step at a time, perhaps it will be fixed soon. And speaking of electronics, again, let's go for Docklands!


Docklands was the first DLC of the third season of Anno, and though was a small and straightforward one, caused a true Anno Renaissance in my life, made me look for Anno videos and Anno streams, which made me have contact with guys such as Takarazuka and Itroo, as well as Pablo1713, that with his guide, helped me settle in the Arctic, one of the most difficult regions in the game, due to the dire need of coal for the heaters and so on. One thing that caught my attention on Docklands is how it incentivizes me to specialize my economy, producing high tier items in exchange for low tier ones. Of course, not necessarily, there is no right way of playing Anno, but think about it, even if value is subjective, Captain Tobias has a bigger need for Gramophones than he has for pigs, and is willing to trade just a touch of those for an insane amount of the latter. Anno is definitely not real life, I don't think it was supposed to be, even with the drawing of inspirations from our world, but it can teach you a bit about economics! How many gramophones buy 5000 pigs? Pigs that we can use for so many items in the game, if you exchange the value of gramophones for the value in money, things make yet more sense! Important to say, again, as the marginalist revolution, lead by thinkers such as Carl Menger and Eugen von Böhm-Bawerk, show us, the value of a product is subjective, but the fact is, makes sense for our Toby to demand more Gramophones than he demands pigs, for so many reasons, even if it's impossible to predict human action. Anno is not real life, it is a form of making math fun for many that, like me, detest it. Computers take Math to the ultimum level, but economics and life are not math, it is so much more complex than that! Attempts to simulate it are just that, simulation. But it's fun to see how Anno mimics the international division of labor, where some places thrive offering commodities such as Coffee and Cotton (think of Imperial Brazil, for example) while others thrive offering those places more industrial items, such as machines and even bicycles! Anyway, does my monologue makes sense? One thing is for sure, Captn. Toby is one of my favorite characters in Anno! Such a nice and useful guy! Docklands may be a small DLC, but even it adds so much to the game I can't imagine 1800 without it anymore! As you guys know, I'm not too fond of bigger posts, so I should stop here, saying again that I cannot wait for the new Anno DLC coming TOMORROW! Oh my God right? It's gonna be awesome! Thank you so much for reading this post, you guys are amazing, see you again real soon!

Comments

Popular Posts