Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which the much waited DLC for Victoria 3 comes out!

Good morning, my friend, reader of this post! Happy Thursday! How are you and how was your week so far? How is the weather? As for me, I cannot deny it was a week with a great event, new DLC for Victoria 3 being released. The game, that I haven't touched much since May, was quickly revived by this new content. More on that, further on the this blog entry. I am overall okay, some ups and downs, I suppose it happens. At least I managed to sleep more reasonably Wednesday night, it has been rare for me to rest as much when I am supposed to do it, so that is a good achievement! The weather has been pleasant as well, cheers to that, I love Winter! How June is going by fast, at this point. Soon, it will be over. I already should plan on my Wrap up post of the month, so we can start July in a good way... one month closer to my birthday. I still hope I can switch phones, somehow, but financial troubles still haunt me. I did spend more in June than I was expecting, way more than I should, mu

In Which we talk about Jackie: The Movie

Good morning, dear reader! How are you? I wish you the best and hope the weather where you are is mild! It's been a weird one where I live, there has been rain, much to my happiness, but also, to my distaste, there has been a lot of heat as well. My bedroom though, is a fresh place! I've been using the AC to sleep, which is a very welcoming addiction, though I don't know for how long will I be able to dispose of it, as high electricity bills are a painful reality where I live. Anyway, I was talking to a friend today, and he said the painting used for my blue bedroom is all wrong, it is a flat one, rather than a proper satin... Which made me a bit sad, I wish my bedroom could be perfect. What matters in the end, though, is that I'm quite happy with the blue, and my paintings are finally coming to the wall, so slowly but surely we're getting there. Still some stuff missing, but the paintings are on the walls, and I bought a new lamp! Another problem came in, the AC is kinda dripping water, but hopefully that can also be sorted.
So, today, I'd like to talk about a movie that, thanks to Clone High, came to my mind once more, the subtle biography of Jackie Kennedy. I mean, JFK clone is in Clone High, so, JFK, Jackie, Jackie, the movie. Weird how the mind works, as both pieces couldn't be more different! One is pure mockery, and the other is quite sublime, but let's talk about it some more in the next paragraph, shall we...

Jackie is the drama biography that show us a bit of the days-weeks after the assassination of the American President then, John Fitzgerald Kennedy, focusing on the most affected life by that awful event, the life of Jacqueline Kennedy, his wife, former first lady of The United States. Going around an interview a journalist is doing of her, as she talks, ever reserved and not sympathizing with the man at all, the events unfolds. It is shown her visit to Dallas, the shooting of the president and the aftermath in the car, hospital and following the desperate days where her future was uncertain. The art of the movie, just showing the interior of the White House and it's elegance, showing the personality of Jacqueline and a bit of her story in just those few days, is quite impressive, just the soundtrack is amazing, feels timeless and yet it set us in the glamour of the early 60's. It is heartbreaking to see all that she had to go through, losing a husband, her role as first lady. Also see all the danger she was involved in, fighting the mafia that was the Soviet Union, specially after the Cuban Missile Crisis. I like bibliographical movies! My favorite is Marie Antoinette by Sofia Coppola, but Jackie is also a very good one, it has everything that I look for in a movie, which is, just telling the story of a person, showing her emotions, her beautiful life even on the most tragic moments. Also, the actuation by Natalie Portman is quite wonderful, as she brings the voice of Jacqueline to life, her style, her beauty. Indeed, there will be many other administrations, but there won't be another Camelot. I definitely recommend this one! And I'll leave the link for the soundtrack of the movie Here!
Anyway, thank you so much for reading this quick review of the movie, it's really a nice one! Even if it was small, took me three days to wrap things up! I did it in the end, so I'm happy! I hope I can update some more the blog the days to go. This one though, is pretty much done! Thank you again, friend, and I see you all real soon!

Comments