Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

In which we say hello to June, the Corn Season!

Hello June and hello to you, dear reader! How are you today, and how are things going? How did your month start? I know, I was supposed to write a post yesterday, but the past couple days I haven't been feeling so well mentally wise, just melancholic, lacking motivation, no hope for the future, and so on. It seems like my Anno Renaissance is starting to grow old, and so far there are no games that catch my attention enough. I'm not on the mood to play Civ, for example, or Age of Empires, I still want to play mostly Anno, but while that's true, I also am starting to burn out on Anno. I mean, every Anno season has its ending. But well, I do want to play some Anno today, so there is that! I just need to make some moves in order to expand my company further. I'm overall happy, though, that is Corn Season at last! One of my favorite times of the year! Lots of rain, fireplaces, fireworks, and the birthday of the blog! Yay! That's so awesome that I'm reaching 3 years of writing here! How cool is that? If only all were good news... I started on a new diet this Monday, and though that can be a bother, it's hardly a drastic change, what is taking my sleep away is just the fact that I'll have to exercise more in the near future, that is a major pain. My mother is looking for a personal trainer to help me with it, and yea, I don't look forward to exercising, it's one of the things I tend to dislike the most. Also, my gaming chair, that, true be told, was giving me some headache, and I was looking for a new one, anyway, that chair broke down, and while mom doesn't fix it, as she claims she can fix it, I'll have to downgrade to a very uncomfortable plastic chair, that not only hurts my butt, like the gaming chair did also, but also hurts my legs and back overall! And also, that gaming chair wasn't as bad, I was just looking for an ergonomic one now, which seems like a step further. Well, I don't have the money for an ergonomic chair now, so let us hope mom can indeed fix the gaming chair, because this plastic chair is borderline torture, making my pauses to rest in bed even more frequent, cutting down the time I have to play games and so on, an issue for sure. Anyway, not the best way to start June, but well...

A good chair is awesome, awesome as this amazing painting!

When things are more fixed on the diet, I hope to go see my grandma and spend some time there also! Like, I hope to spend the corn season there! Seeing the fireplaces and so on! Should be very pleasant! My mood has improved, and today I'm a bit more excited to live than I was yesterday, and I can assure you, it's definitely not because of exercising or diet, it's just hope that my desk may arrive pretty soon and with my chair hopefully fixed (so I can wait for a new ergonomic one with more comfort) that would be a much more promising start to the month! And speaking of start of the month and blog birthday! I have a plan in mind! I will try to post a long story I wrote in the past here! Don't know how many parts it will have, but it should be something super exciting to do! More on the story on a next post, because this one is getting so big! Anyway, hello Corn Season! Good morning to you guys, wish you all the best! See you again real soon!

Comments