Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

The Adventures of Mr. D'Onofrio and his Suitcase with 700 Socks! Chapter 15!

 She reached the other shore fast and thanked the man who guided her so well.

“Here’s your payment, and thank you so much for guiding me here, mister.”

“I’m only doing my job, ma’am!”

Adelaide then waited for Zach, who was still way behind on the lake, she could see him, but he was a weak shade in the fog, overshadowed by the colors of that part of the forest. Nevertheless, he was moving, not nearly as fast as the sleigh, but on a wonderfully nice speed for a human being. Zach truly compromise it was on reaching his promised land, with his serene expression; he was skating through the iced landscape. His head was calm, but seeing Adelaide in the sleigh, Zach was frustrated, frustrated that only he could see that vehicles were dangerous. However, why they were dangerous, that answer he could not explain, his mind was calm, but Zach could feel a crack on the ceiling of his mind, and when you’re on complete silence, even the small wind can be a hurricane. Zach was calm, but he was worried he’d have to face the truth soon. What truth? Everything is fine, why would he have to worry about? Worry? But why? Zach was calm, but he stopped being so serene, his face was serious and he was skating in a more sparse way, he kept on going, and on and on. Then, some hours later, he reached the other side, where he joined Adelaide, who was faithful at his side, and that was waiting for him.

“You’re here! Well that’s wonderful! We can proceed our journey!” Adelaide cheered

“I am here, let’s keep on going, our destiny awaits!”

“Zach, wait, is there something different in your face?”

“I don’t imagine it would have something different, Adelaide, why you ask?”

“It feels… more concerned… what happened?”

“Let’s keep on going! I just must be really excited to reach the land of Socks and I think I can show it on my face! I can’t help it!”

“Well, alright then, if we keep on walking we must be there in a couple of days! Our shortcut was a great one.” Adelaide knew that something deeper was going on with Zach. Moreover, whatever that was, she decided not to say a word on the subject for the time being.


Comments