Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which one can still feel the cold steel of the Dell brand laptop...

Good evening, kind friend, dear reader of this present post! How are you? I hope you have been well? Of course, do let me know! And how is the weather? Much to my relief, where I am at, it is still partially winter, it has been hard to say when winter will end and I would be certain it is spring. It did not rain as much in this season, alas, and I adore the rain.  I did not have the most productive of days yesterday, the last Saturday of September 2026. In fact, I was exhausted, I slept through most of it. And, what else to do? I could not bring myself on doing anything. No desire to engage in any game, no mindspace for drawing, and I could not write either. I just slept. A dear friend mentioned perhaps I needed the extra sleep, so it is what it is.  I was thinking of a song, which is the one part of the piece of Pelleas et Melisande, this time done by my favorite composer, Gabriel Faure. The Sicilienne part, probably one of my favorite pieces of music ever. Fun how it works, ...

The Adventures of Mr. D'Onofrio and his Suitcase with 700 Socks! Chapter 12

 “Adelaide, wake up, we reached the lake!” Said Zach, excited and grabbing his ice skating shoes. 

“Zach, you walked the whole night! My Lord.” Said Adelaide, slowly waking up, feeling her head dizzy as she was standing up on the bed.

“Look, there’re some houses near the lake, if you want to eat something we may go there and ask for food, maybe I can even get some socks on those houses! Before we cross the lake.”

“Those people who live by the lake are good people, so my employers told me, the frozen ice cream keeps them happy, and just how beautiful this part of the forest is… have you seen it? I saw pictures of it in the tavern, nice trees, lots of colors, Christmas trees made of edible stuff… Though the place is freezing, it won’t be too comfortable staying here” Adelaide was divagating while her head was still awaking.

“I have a coat to lend if you need it! I couldn’t pay attention to the forest,  but I saw the sleigh and the man in it gave me a wave, but I ignored it for I was too afraid to get closer to that thing. I don’t like vehicles.”

“You transported me the whole distance you walked; you are aware, right, of the fact that this suitcase can be considered a transportation device?”

“It’s not its purpose, this suitcase is a suitcase, not a vehicle; also, you were safe with me Adelaide. Nothing to be afraid about.”

“I’ll be there with you in the sleigh Zach, nothing to be afraid about there, you’ll be safe.”

“No! There’s no such a thing as a safe vehicle. I’d stop you going on the sleigh, but it’s your choice to make, not mine.”

“You’ll be safe, Zach, I’ll be there, the guider of the sleigh will be there, he’s a professional at its trait.”

“Well, the captain of the ship of my grandparents was a professional too I bet. Moreover, Kyle was there with them. Yet, they died, something bad happened to them. And… I’m not going there” Said Zach, feeling that some feelings were trying to sneak in. “No, I’m not going there. You can go on the sleigh by yourself.”

“Well… Zach…” Said Adelaide, trying to choose her words, for she knew what she was going to say could affect Zach in a profound level. “Zach, let’s visit one of those houses you told me about, I’m starving, getting something to eat will help me wake up, and I’ll be able to help you properly. You’ll sing for them, maybe they’ll like it and will share their food with us. This people are not like the sentinels, they’re good people.”

Zach nod positively with his face. Soon, Zach went to a shelf and took a beautiful and long coat out of there.

“For you to use, in case you need it.” Said him to Adelaide.

They carefully got out of the suitcase, going up the stairs. The houses were near them, the day was bright and colorful, everything had a light blue touch to it, the saturation was beautiful and peaceful. Zach and Adelaide went to the houses.


Comments