Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

In Which I share some thoughts on the Story of Zach!

Before we begin, if I haven't done it before, I'd like to dedicate this crazy tale that I've posted before to my friend Zach and his family! Love you man!

Good morning and happy Tuesday everyone! How are you today, in this lovely rainy windy cold day, the way I love it! I hope it may rain on my birthday, this August 12, but anyway.... today's post I'd like to chat a bit further about the Story I just wrapped up, it will be a longer post, but if you have interest in learning more on the tale, here's your first grasp into it (I say first because I might write more on it in the future.) Let's jump, shall we?


The Adventure of Zach and his suitcase with 700 Socks was born due to my wish of Zach following me on Twitter, back in 2018 when I still had musical idols and still was so enthusiastic about so much stuff! Zach's voice, personality and socks captivated me and I wish we could be friends, hence why I wish he could follow me, hence why I decided to write this, to pay homage! At the end of the day, Zach was a good sport and followed me anyway, not one of those snobby celebrities (he was at season 1 and 4 of American Idol, how I've seen him for the first time). He was all about socks and Jazz, and back in the day I was reading again Wizard of Oz and Alice in Wonderland, two of my most influential books (I read them for the first time in 2014, out of pure curiosity). This story mobilized me for several months! The first chapters were a pain to write, they dragged for long weeks and I thought I wasn't going to do it, I had an idea where I wanted the story to go, but I had no idea how to get there. A thing I like AND dislike about writing, is like you put yourself into this maze and the only way of escaping is through words. As I got more and more excited about this tale, I even wrote notes on it while in class in Architecture college. Slowly things progressed, not without its flaws, some of the grammar mistakes are painful to read, but well, at the end of the day I wrapped it up! I shared it with a couple of friends and sent it to Zach (we used to chat a bit on Snapchat), and that was it, until I decided to post it on this blog as a way of celebrating the three years of The Divagation Store! It is only fit for the ocasion, as both the blog and the story are about the same age. 
That adventure is a fairy tale, like I believe I said in the beginning, most of it is invented, none of the characters are real, they are at the most an homage to people I like. The Family of Zach is entirely made up, though I'm also friends with his actual lovely family in real life, we communicate sometimes through Instagram, is quite nice! I do have some ideas of mine in the story, such as the Non-Aggression Principle, popularized by Murray Rothbard. I was still getting to know libertarianism back in the day, and was still quite of a Classical Liberal. Most of the ideas I had in 2018 anyway. Adelaide has some ideas I'd do as well, she represents me in the story in general, or at least my ideal friend.
Zach still love socks, but he is more into sweaters now! I also love sweaters, we keep on having things in common! His voice isn't the chirpy one he had back in 2018, being more mature now (result of vocal training, as his lovely chirpy voice was actually a condition that he had to overcome). Zach and I communicate still on 2021! We are friends, he streams on Twitch sometimes, even, and it's so nice to see him!
I'm so glad I brought this story back and posted it all on the blog! Wow, was a challenge, but I did it! What a nice way to celebrate the 3 years of this blog! Anyway, it's getting quite long, you guys know how I feel about long posts. So I'll wrap it up here, wish you the best!! See you all real soon!

Comments

Popular Posts