Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

In Which we just talk about ideas, Civ-like games, and Anno 1800 new DLC High Life!

Good morning, dear reader of this post! Happy Thursday! Oh magic Thursday! One of the best days of the week! A magical one, where I don't have either classes or exercise, and I can dedicate myself fully to playing videogames and thinking about posts for the blog! Speaking of planning, I should start thinking about the next story of my blog, the one which will be about my personal world. I wrote about the Shaat's individuals who built a splendid city, that nonetheless was destroyed by a Noyesque Flood. I could write about the City of Danieria next! Just a thought at the moment, but well... Today I wanted to chat a bit about videogames, I'll talk on Anno, Humankind, Civilization and Old World. Let's jump to it, shall we? (writing this introduction after ending the post)

I always get very intimidated when it comes to write a post about a game, like, how should I do it? Will I overexplain or do just the opposite? Will I confuse my friends, or myself, even? Sometimes only a couple lines are enough to express my thoughts, also not ideal, but also sometimes my post gets too big for my standards, which is not my ideal scenario either. What to do?

As for today, I'll try to just say this about Humankind: I love the eras and culture system on the game! I love the fact that you can change your civilization at the beginning of each era, creating such a weird and awesome unique country of your own! Some people complained about it, but I thought it to be very nice! I mean, I don't want other civ-like games to do the same, I don't want civ-like games being like copies of each other, but having a high quality option on doing that is awesome indeed. So far, the Civ-like games, which were a very recent addition to my life, have succeeded in providing something unique. Old World is a nice mix of Civ and Crusader Kings with its own twist, and Humankind managed to be its own universe! I am at the edge of saying it appeals to me way more than Civ 6, as you guys know, I have this complicated relationship with the most recent Civ, and I still hold Civ 5 dear to my heart, even with the changes, I just prefer playing Civ 5 better, I'm reaching that conclusion, and there is a lot of Civ 5 in Humankind, in the artstyle and so on... Today I appear to just be rambling about the games I love, so I wanted to mention Anno as well...

Speaking of my beloved Anno 1800, a new welcome addition to the game is coming this August 31st! The Skyscrapers and malls are being delivered to this amazing piece! Itroo and Taka received early access and will be having the Twitch Drops pretty soon! Not sure if Itroo will start today or tomorrow, but Taka will start in this weekend! I can't wait to see the new mechanics in action and just grasp at what I'll be able to do once I grab my hands on this amazing new content! It will be experimental of Anno 1800 at this point, bringing such thing to the game, breaking the mold they were following, of having cities such as Vienna and Barcelona. Tourist Season brought us a bit of Paris, Land of Lions brought us more to London and its sober Neogothic architecture, and now we are going to New York, with the big magazines that reminds me of Macy's on its pioneer days, and Skyscrapers that culminated in the beautiful Empire State Building, even if was edified way after the 19th century, some fans complained about that, well, I did not!

The post is getting a bit on the big side, so I'll end it here! Thank you everyone for coming over the Divagation Store, I appreciate you a lot! Wish you the best and I see you again real soon!

Comments

Popular Posts