Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

The Adventures of Mr. D'Onofrio and his Suitcase with 700 Socks! Chapter 16

(Here we resume the story after a month of hiatus)

It took them a while, but on the same day, they were out of the Ice cream area and back to the ordinary forest again. They found a clearer path, even if it still castigated was by the time, this one made their way to the land of Socks more clear, and later on the day, when the sky was already beginning to have an orange ring to it, they found the first true plaque in that place. 

“Oh dear, would you look at that!!!” Zach said, euphoric, and breaking the silence between them, since they left the lake.

“This is truly lovely; I don’t recall anyone telling me about this… You see, this map of yours is not too good,” Said Adelaide, happy to find the sign they were close.

“Well, I think this is a nice place for you to stop and spend the night Adelaide, tomorrow I’ll wake you up, same procedure”

“Zach, oddly enough, I don’t feel tired at all, this night I’ll join you on the walking! We must be close! If we keep on walking, we’ll be there before we notice!”

“But Adelaide, you’ll be tired, and distressed”

“Zach, if you can do it, then so can I”

“You’re not me Adelaide. I don’t know where I take this energy of mine. I’m not… ordinary. This is not good, or bad, this is just who I am, and for a while now. I have this drive to collect socks and… yes. The point is, I don’t want you to put yourself in a situation that will hurt you”

“I’m here to help you Zach! In addition, I want to be on this Land of Socks as well! I wonder how it looks like!”

“You don’t have to do that!”

“Zach, trust me, I’ll be fine”

“Hm okay then, if you want to join me, who am I to stop you?”

Zach was actually happy to have the company of Adelaide that night. His companion in the trip could have the tendency of putting her nose where she had no place doing so, but he enjoyed her, and was happy to have found her on the woods. Not only for her help, but also because Zach was truly enchanted to have her friendship. That eased his mind as well, and he didn’t even noticed it! In fact, on the way there, he decided he didn’t want to have an awkward silent journey, what he could do to make the mood more enjoyable for both he would, plus he wanted to talk, and if they were going to be in a moment of silence again, it would be in a much better situation.

“It is incredible, don’t you think, those ice cream lakes, the one we saw was just one of this place! It’s crazy!”

“Yes! I only heard of the others, that one was the first that I saw for myself! If the other ones are as beautiful… wow!”

“Wow indeed!”

They kept on talking and on walking as well. Adelaide knew that the “force” driving Zach was artificial and not a good thing per se, but she herself was not tired at all, purely driven by the excitement of seeing the Land of Socks on her first sight. Zach’s enthusiasm could not be healthy, but it was contagious, and she felt it on her in a very positive way. They kept on talking, and both were enjoying each other’s company. With Zach’s lantern burning strongly in the night, their way was safe and calm. The morning came, and Adelaide was still going, the path was getting more defined and less aged. Slowly more signs of Civilization were appearing in the woods, with benches and parasols.

“Wow, look at this! We must be close!”

“I bet if we keep on walking, we’ll be there pretty soon!”

“I’m so excited I can barely express it!”

The day went on and they were talking less, not because of any barrier between them, but because of the excitement. Finally, at the end of the day, on a walking that would be impossible to make to any regular human being, they saw a man of the same size as Zach. They reached the place where the woods ended.


Comments

Popular Posts