Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which one can still feel the cold steel of the Dell brand laptop...

Good evening, kind friend, dear reader of this present post! How are you? I hope you have been well? Of course, do let me know! And how is the weather? Much to my relief, where I am at, it is still partially winter, it has been hard to say when winter will end and I would be certain it is spring. It did not rain as much in this season, alas, and I adore the rain.  I did not have the most productive of days yesterday, the last Saturday of September 2026. In fact, I was exhausted, I slept through most of it. And, what else to do? I could not bring myself on doing anything. No desire to engage in any game, no mindspace for drawing, and I could not write either. I just slept. A dear friend mentioned perhaps I needed the extra sleep, so it is what it is.  I was thinking of a song, which is the one part of the piece of Pelleas et Melisande, this time done by my favorite composer, Gabriel Faure. The Sicilienne part, probably one of my favorite pieces of music ever. Fun how it works, ...

The Adventures of Mr. D'Onofrio and his Suitcase with 700 Socks! The Epilogue

Some days later, they reached the town, unharmed, healthy and fine. Zach hugged Adelaide and they finally waved goodbye to each other, promising to keep in touch if they could. Kyle pulled the chair of Zach back home, as he knew the way. The family drunk it was in happiness to see them both again.

Kyle returned on making shoes and helped the father of Zach to run the company in the best way possible, they were a good team.

Zach kept on singing and even collecting socks, but on a much healthier way. He got a job as an entertainer in the shop, not only selling the shoes on the store, but also interacting with people and making them even more comfortable there. He had fans and as his life kept on going, and his body was healing, he felt some glimpse of happiness for the first time after a long while. He knew his grandpa was with him anyway, and that was all that mattered. His suitcase is at his room, in a nice place, and he still put socks there when he get some new, from time to time. His clothes are still colorful, and he paved a way to his own style in the end, even putting his tophat with his suitcase and picking a nice straw hat instead. 

Adelaide returned to the kingdom, and after thinking, and dealing with some issues, decided to stay as queen. With no glimpse of proud or arrogance, she was a sweet queen that was determined to keep her kingdom a free and prosperous place. Cutting much of the bureaucracy existing in the place, she made the court more natural and kind, the commerce more free and booming, and the people more free and fine. The only thing she felt the need to do was to order several complete maps of the region, and to encourage the build of a proper road passing through the woods. He wrote a letter telling what happened to the family of doctors and the tavern keeper. When it reached them, they could barely believe what happened to Adelaide. They kept corresponding each other frequently after that. Adelaide wrote a letter to Zach as well, and cannot wait for it to reach his town. The Baron of Philadelphia, a good man, was kept in his place as a minister, and indeed became the best minister of Adelaide.


The end.

Comments