Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

The Adventures of Mr D'Onofrio and his suitcase with 700 socks! Chapter 17

 “HALT! WHO COMES THERE?” Said the man, dressed in a fancy military uniform.

“Greetings. I am Zachary D’Onofrio, and this is Adelaide Forster. We’re heading to the Land of Socks”

“And where do you, lady and Gentleman, come from?”

“I am from the major City of Small People, from the woods”

“And I come from faraway lands and I come to see the Land of socks”

“I see, I must take note on the people that come in and come out, since the number of visitors from this area of the woods is scarce and may be suspicious, just as a matter of protocol, though, the Land of Socks is an open place for travelers such as yourselves”

“Is the Land of Socks close?” Asked Zach, barely hiding his enthusiasm”

“You’re stepping on it, just sign these book, and keep on walking, our Capital is close”

Zach and Adelaide could barely believe it; they have reached their destination, the Land of Socks. Zach was shaking when signing his name on the paper, and Adelaide was smiling wide-open. After the sentinel granted them right of passage, they started to run, happy, to their place, the trees were orange on the land of socks, the grass was a bit orange too, the sky kept on getting darker as the sun was going down and the moon was taking his place, and yet they were shining of joy. When they saw the first home, that had beautiful socks in its window, Zach felt like in a dream. They soon realized that this house was just the beginning, as they walked, one become dozen, and dozen become the capital of the Land. Zach was there.

He and Adelaide knock on a door, timidly, but also excitingly. The people that opened it were kind, and let them in with no further problems. Zach sang for them with an even more powerful energy while Adelaide was having dinner. They soon repeated the procedure, until Zach even started to get famous in the city, just a few hours after arriving. He was on his personal paradise. 


Comments

Popular Posts