Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

The Adventures of Mr. D'Onofrio and his suitcase with 700 Socks! Chapter 18

 Zach was singing in a small plaza for a couple when he saw a chevalier running up to a grand palace, next to that place, over a small hill, where the King of the Sock Land lived. He barely noticed it, and kept on collecting socks from people and money, in exchange for a moment of enchantment that Zach provided them with his songs and voice. Adelaide was happy to be there, and observed the place with very careful but shining eyes. They saw more and more of the city and the place. Everything smelled like perfumed socks and prosperity, everyone seemed happy and all the streets were pretty. They kept on walking and saw that the town was really by the sea, Zach saw ships, and he was fine seeing them, though he disliked them greatly, but entering in them was his true fear. They surprisingly saw that the place was not isolated at all, that there were lands faraway and merchants from those lands. Zach was surprised; he knew his continent wasn’t the only one in the world, but how vast Earth was.

He lost it was in his thoughts, getting more socks than he could count, and being more and more admired by people around him, for his gift and his energy, everything Zach dreamt of was happening.

“Adelaide, this is even better than in my dreams!”

“This place is lovely and so inviting indeed! Zach, your love for socks, I can quite understand it now! Even I am starting to love it! For how long shall we stay here?”

“I think we should look around a bit more, then we should be on our way, I have to return to my family when I’m done. One day I might return here, I know the way now, sort of, and I think I shall get a better map as well. Thank you so much for guiding me so faithfully, you are my amazing Friend, Adelaide!”

“Zach, don’t thank me yet, silly! Thank me when our journey done it is! But it has been not only my personal goal to help you, but also my pleasure! Zach, you are a bright human being, whatever it is that you have inside, never let it die”

Zach knew she meant well with those words, and yet he felt uncomfortable hearing it. But he couldn’t think too much on the subject, as soon a chevalier appeared near the place they were, and shouted.

“The king looks for a man called Zachary D’Onofrio! He wishes to see him! If the Man is still in town the king wants an audience with him!”

“I am Zachary D’Onofrio! I am Zachary D’Onofrio!” Said Zach, running with Adelaide next to the chevalier.

“You, young man, are Zachary D’Onofrio? And who are you?”

“I am Adelaide Forster, I come as the guide of Zachary”

“Hm, we shall see, the king will know who Zachary is by looking at him. If you say you’re Zachary, he will know”

“I am Zachary, why would I be lying about it?”

“Enter up on the horse then! The king wishes to talk with you!”


Comments

Popular Posts