Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which the much waited DLC for Victoria 3 comes out!

Good morning, my friend, reader of this post! Happy Thursday! How are you and how was your week so far? How is the weather? As for me, I cannot deny it was a week with a great event, new DLC for Victoria 3 being released. The game, that I haven't touched much since May, was quickly revived by this new content. More on that, further on the this blog entry. I am overall okay, some ups and downs, I suppose it happens. At least I managed to sleep more reasonably Wednesday night, it has been rare for me to rest as much when I am supposed to do it, so that is a good achievement! The weather has been pleasant as well, cheers to that, I love Winter! How June is going by fast, at this point. Soon, it will be over. I already should plan on my Wrap up post of the month, so we can start July in a good way... one month closer to my birthday. I still hope I can switch phones, somehow, but financial troubles still haunt me. I did spend more in June than I was expecting, way more than I should, mu

The Adventures of Mr. D'Onofrio and his Suitcase with 700 Socks! Chapter 20

 “Ow, my head, where am I?” Said Zach, extremely confused. He was at the bedroom of the king. Kyle was on his left side, Adelaide was on his right side, there were doctors in the room, servants, and curious people. The windows and the doors were open.

“Zach, you slept for three days” Kyle told his cousin “The doctors told me you were going to survive, but your body is extremely broken, you did so much effort, your legs are wreaked.”

“Where is my suitcase?”

“It’s over there, Zach, don’t worry about a thing”, said Kyle again.

“Zach, I had no idea what you were going through, not on this scale. I’m sorry. All your fear of vehicles, I think I get it now. Sorry Zach.” Adelaide was by his side, devastated, but still by his side.

“Adelaide guided you well, Zach. She told me everything. These woods can be a danger, so I’ve heard. She told me your story. Grandpa is proud of you. You are extraordinary, cousin. But what you did… Zach, it’s painful, I have no place of saying this, but you need to go through it, and keep on living life. Grandpa is with you no matter what you do, he was with you even before you started this adventure.”

“I just want grandpa and grandma to be back… to stay with me… I miss you Kyle”.

“I understand that you did your best to overcome it, but Zach… I admire you, but you need to take care of yourself, and you need to keep on living and let go. You can’t control it. But you can manage it the best way you may. Live your life Zach.”

Zach took a deep breath. Everything felt better. He was dizzy and sad, but at least… something was different with him, he could feel it. 

“Adelaide. You’ve been such an incredible friend. Without you, I’d never have reached this place. Thank you. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate you for everything that you did.”

“Zach, it was my pleasure. Thank you, You’ve been such an incredible friend as well, it was amazing to help you. He is right though, you need to let go.”

“I miss my grandpa… but… This must end.”

“What must end, Zach?”

“I need to go back to mom and dad and rebuild my life, I need to stop collecting socks and just let go. Kyle, I will miss you, but just knowing you are alive, this makes me so happy, and I will miss you so much Adelaide. I need to go back home.”

“Zach, you should go back home, but there’s nothing wrong on collecting socks, or singing, for that matter, you do more good than you realize, for you were trapped on your grief. But this enthusiasm of yours, keep it to yourself, never lose it! Just don’t let it turn into a monster anymore.”

Zach took another deep breath. And then he said:

“It’s fine… I will overcome it, eventually. We shall return home.”

“Zach, there’s a problem, though.”


Comments