Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

The Adventures of Mr. D'Onofrio and his Suitcase with 700 socks! Chapter 22

 “My subjects!” Said Kyle at the chamber of the king on the next day, on the first hour of Afternoon. “After much deliberation, I decided that, after meeting my cousin again, I’m returning home. I abdicate of the throne on favor of Adelaide Forster! She will be either the new queen or the one to appoint my successor! I will leave today with my cousin in a merchant ship and this is decided. And as she’s away with me on my trip, I leave the Baron of Philadelphia as the regent.”

People exploded in shock and fear after hearing this, but in a much less surprised way than the last time it happened. After sleeping on it, Adelaide decided that whatever happened, it would be for the best, and for now she should focus on preparing Zach on the wheelchair and on the ship. The news flew by quickly, and the population was already bowing for Adelaide, something that made her extremely uncomfortable, but that she decided won’t disturb her too much.

Zach was with his eyes closed on the wheelchair, holding the hand of both Adelaide and Kyle, as a servant pulled the vehicle. The subjects living in the city taken they were by surprise, and decided to just say goodbye to the last king and wait for what was next. After some preparation, they left in the end of the afternoon, in a very safe ship, owned by an honored merchant family. The population waved goodbye and resumed their lives.

Zach was still with his eyes closed, and still shaking, but he was in joy for facing his fear, every second was a victory.

“This ship is one of the safest out there, cousin! We’ll be at home after no time!”

“Do you guys promise not to leave me by myself while I’m here?”

“Don’t worry Zach, I’m happy to be here” Said Adelaide.

The three went back to the city of Zach. And the city of Kyle.


Comments