Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

In Which we say Goodbye to September! Dinner at the Furniture Store

Hey guys! Can you believe the month of September is coming to an end, it indeed passed by fast! How are you this end of season, beginning of another? How are things going? How is the weather? Today, I'd like to wrap things up in September by telling a bit of a small era of my life that I remember kindly! So, let's jump to it, shall we?



There was a nice time in my life, I'd put it between October 2017 and February 2018, one that I like to call Dinner at the Furniture store, due to the amount of times I'd go there with my dad after my afternoon classes, when I was doing architecture. The name is a reference to a movie I like, a classic of the 60's "Breakfast At Tiffany's" (to be fair never was too much a fan of the movie, found it to be a bit slow, but I do like the wonderful soundtrack of it, composed by Henry Mancini). I was watching shows such as the original Gossip Girl back then, and those had a very important impact in my life and music tastes. I was becoming a fan of that guy named Charlie Puth, George Ezra also, I got a bit disappointed in Door Monster, and after the huge Door Monster Revival of 2017, it never really recovered from a live they did where I felt ignored. I was never a huge fanboy anymore like I was in 2017, though I still follow the channel, and still think Kyle is awesome. Was a time where I took my first set of pictures of the succulents of my Aunt, was an awesome photographic safari! Anyway, that furniture store is a glittering world filled with beautiful decor and porcelain, and wonderful dining sets and living room sets, and in October we could see the wonderful Christmas decoration already, I absolutely love Christmas! Such a happy time of the year, lots of great decoration, joyfulness, nice music and wonderful memories. The Christmas of 2017 was indeed special, the vacations were great, and in December 2017 I created my Twitch account to follow a guy I was a fan back then, the rest is history, one that lead to this blog, even! I think to wrap things up, Dinner at the furniture store was an era of friends, sophistication, Architecture stuff, and so on, a nice way to wrap 2017 up. And in December of 2017, again, I got a new phone! The one I'm currently using! I know, I could use a new one! But one step at a time.
Anyway, what to expect for this month of October? I don't know, but I am excited for Windows 11, for one, and also mildly excited for the new Sims kits coming, though my expenses are up, now that I will be subscribing to Adobe services for my graphic design stuff, another thing to expect is perhaps more vectors and stuff on Illustrator or Photoshop, and so on! I'm sure it will be a nice Halloween month, just hope it doesn't get too hot here in the tropics, as summer is approaching! So, the post is getting a bit big, so I would like to wrap things up by wishing you the best! Thank you for being here, and rejoice, as Christmas is coming! I have a lot of cool stuff to work on, and hopefully it will be okay. See you all real soon!

Comments