Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

In Which we chat a bit further about Humankind (thanks to my friend Matt)

Hello everyone and good evening, actually afternoon, but I usually write my posts in the morning, so this is like writing really late at night, but today I'm on that weird creative mood that I'd love to have it more often, so let's take the most of it! How are you today? How are things going? I do wish you the best! And how is the weather? Here, the weather is absolutely miserable, I'm struggling a lot with the heat, been sweating the whole day, is like being in a sauna where the thermostat is completely broken.

As we are chatting about one of my favorite games, and that is because of one of my favorite guys, here we also have one of my favorite colors, just for the sake of having a picture on the post! Hurray! Okay, moving on

I'd like to dedicate today's small talk on Humankind to my friend Matt aka MattMaddux, whom I was talking about the said game in the morning. Thanks for being one of my best friends, brother! As you know, as the variety gamer-streamer you are, if you ever want to play some Civ and has no idea where to begin, I'm your guy! 

So, a couple of considerations into the game: Humankind has good things, like the culture system that some may hate, and some things that aren’t as good, the bugs are the main thing that turn me off. I'd love to see some legendary leaders of history being teleported into the game, like, imagine Montezuma as Emperor of Spain, that would be the ultimate experience, the next logical step of having Brazil colonizing Portugal on Civilization V, I'd also say Civ VI but that one only featured Portugal on one of its lasts DLCs, so yea, that game took a while to be a complete piece. Back to Humankind: It is essentially a game in which you lead a group of nomads from the neolithic time till the contemporary era. As time goes, many things change, such as your culture for example, some hate that, I love it, as brings lots of flavor into the experience. You can be Babylon in the ancient era, then switch to Greece in the classical era. I believe it is as complex as Civilization is, in somewhat different ways, there are definitely similarities between those franchises, but it isn't as copy-paste as you'd believe, it also isn't a Civ killer. It has potential to make Civ 6 fade a bit, but that's all for now, what it can do, its impact. Also, You have two science victories and a fame victory. So, in some points is more limited than Civ. I do believe the game is more about the journey than the winning. Which is the same with civ.

Essentially this was my talk with Matt this morning, on his discord server, about the game. I thought it was interesting and I decided to share it here as well. Anyway, one reason I have a blog, when I'm in the mood, I talk a lot! I apologized for spamming his chat with my game stuff, but well, discord is a place for games, after all.

I'm glad I managed to put together a post in the freaking afternoon, how huge is that! And I thank you guys so much for being around! Love you all! And, as we draw to an ending here, on this post, I hope to return real soon with another post of me chatting about whatever. See you then!

Comments

Popular Posts