Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which I plan my Christmas Card for 2024

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post. Happy Sunday, and I wish you the best, both today and on the new week. I must say: September is going by very fast. It is not a bad thing on its own, but I dread the approximation of Summer. There is the bright side the season of holidays is coning, with special dates such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, specially Christmas on my end, since it is my favorite one. How are you, this Sunday? I was here very recently, so I do not expect you to be that much in a different mood, even if a lot can happen in even a couple of hours. s for me, I am... still afloat, recovering from a harsh day, of many tears and no hope. As I try to occupy my free time, I did manage to play some games, such as Sims 3, and Europa Universalis, as well as trying Victoria 3 once again. On Sims 3, as I was in much distress, I decided that I would treat myself to some expansions of the game that I was missing: those were the niche last one released for the game:

In Which we have my Spotify Retrospective 2021!

Good morning, dear reader of this post, and welcome to my brief and improv retrospective of 2021, based on my most listened songs on Spotify over the course of the year. I only had 11k minutes in the app unfortunately, because I also listen to Youtube stuff, I am always around on Twitch to hang out with my friends, and in a minor tone, I've been trying to audioread Man, Economy and State by Mr. Rothbard. It is a much more harder book to read than Human Action by Mises, but well, one step at a time, one day I shall finish it... if I remember the part I stopped in it. Let's start this by taking a look at the briefing of what we'll see, shall we? It is in Portuguese... but I believe that you can get the overally picture.


Overall, this year saw the rise of one music, called Babooshka, by a british artist called Kate Bush! This dramatic song tells a heartbreaking story (yes I love songs that tell stories) of a woman that, in order to receive attention of her husband back, had to pretend to be someone else, and act like she used to be when they were first dating. That song is quite unique! I also listened to other songs of this album by Kate, which is called "Never for Ever", and it has some other wonderful songs, such as the dreary "Wedding List" and the rock song "Violin". I remember when I first listened to her, back in February 2021! What a journey! It was indeed one piece that caused an impression in me! Overall, it wasn't a year of many discoveries, music wise, apart from the wonderful compositions by Mahler and the new ABBA songs, which were a wonderful addition to the last part of the year. Now, it was more a couple of seasons of many classical music, specially featuring the Emperor Piano Concerto by Beethoven, I also listened to two Operas by Puccini: Turandot, that I first heard in 2015 and stuck with me since, and Madama Butterfly, since I love Japan. I haven't finished hearing this one, BUT I loved all parts I listened to it nonetheless, it is less vibrant than Turandot, more sober, I'd say. Overall, Madonna was the most listened artist, as she is the most consolidated music producer in my life since 2018 and has plenty of songs, though I tend to keep a distance from her in other aspects. What I can say is that I love all her 80 stuff, that I listened this year for sure, specially some lovely pieces from her "Like a Prayer" album, and also her 90-2000 songs. Donna Summer, again, my queen, was one of the most featured artists in my Top 100 of the year, and it couldn't be different, her vibrancy is just too wonderful to be left aside! She brought me much happiness in times of dire need, and for that I'm thankful. Solar Power and The Path by Lorde, on her new happy phase of life, that I hope it lasts, were songs that did not made the cut on my 2021 in 12 songs playlist, but that caused me great impact, and that I can't stop from singing and vibing with. City Skylines inspired me to revisit the SimCity soundtrack, which is awesome, and it shows how much better SimCity could've been. It had the potential to really compete with CS, specially because I find the latter a bit uninspiring, but alas, not meant to be, and SimCity lies forgotten, at least for now. I mean, I had much more fun and felt much more purpose playing SimCity than on CS (so far, I hope one day I can really get hooked by CS, something that hasn't happened so far), but as SimCity is kinda dead, and bugged as hell, abandoned, it doesn't make much sense to play it. 

Wrapping things up, I'd say Babooshka and the Piano Concerto by Beethoven definitely would be the main themes of 2021, Id share the soundtrack with you guys, but Spotify has a bug that doesn't allow me to do so, unfortunately. And I am lazy to copy and paste the links for each song, I will try to post them on my Twitter later, so you can follow me at @ThePetitTrianon and/or @TheDivagationStore to see if I will, or just to stick around, if you want to! Just an improv post, on the freestyle I usually do! Time for some Christmas songs now, but also to Listen to Babooshka for the 50th time! Either way, I wish you the best, dear reader, and I see you next time! 

Comments

Popular Posts