Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which I plan my Christmas Card for 2024

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post. Happy Sunday, and I wish you the best, both today and on the new week. I must say: September is going by very fast. It is not a bad thing on its own, but I dread the approximation of Summer. There is the bright side the season of holidays is coning, with special dates such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, specially Christmas on my end, since it is my favorite one. How are you, this Sunday? I was here very recently, so I do not expect you to be that much in a different mood, even if a lot can happen in even a couple of hours. s for me, I am... still afloat, recovering from a harsh day, of many tears and no hope. As I try to occupy my free time, I did manage to play some games, such as Sims 3, and Europa Universalis, as well as trying Victoria 3 once again. On Sims 3, as I was in much distress, I decided that I would treat myself to some expansions of the game that I was missing: those were the niche last one released for the game:

In which we have a text for college that I really liked and posted it here!

Hello everyone! Good morning! Happy Wednesday and I wish you the best! How are you today, how are things going? I do wish you the best, and hope everything is fine. How is the weather? My friends tell me of the harsh cold of the north, the downside of a winter wonderland, as I struggle with the heat and humidity of the south. Quite a bother... speaking of the heat, I wrote something yesterday for a test and I really liked it, so, making some adjustments, just to translate it to English and add more to it even, I'll post it here, I'd love to share it with you guys! Let's jump to it, shall we? By the way, I can't think of a title for it right now, could you help me with that? Any suggestion is very much welcome!

I'm fond of sandcastles, as you guys already know! I love to build them, and I love to see them slowly decay. Entropy, As sandcastles defy the laws of nature, they shouldn't exist. If they are not constantly taken care of, they will be destroyed by the action of Wind and Water. 

As I said, I like to see them decay, but some others like to take a more hands on approach on this process, they see fun in destruction, rejoicing in stepping in, kicking and jumping on those fragile creations.. Well, I prefer to build them, to develop them.

This is a text I did for my photography class and I liked it a lot! So I'm posting it here also! It's about four pictures that together tell the story of some sandcastles I built over the past recent years or so! I believe my towers are quite big, as they reach my size when I really dedicate myself to them, and I'm 5'7 (169 cm) . Pictures of sandcastles are very special because you don't usually take cameras and/or phones to the beach.

It all start with a walk in the sand, looking at the sea, in a landscape that only the crabs enjoy. This gives origin to a dream, a bunch of nomads decide to settle down next to the salty water for some reason, and they build. With sandcastles, I also have the love for creating History of ancient lost civilizations! Most of them, impossible to be real.

Beach time is boring, and as time goes by, more towers accumulate, when I feel like creating further. One tower is done, another one starts to being built, and so on, in a ongoing process, and then we have a city, sometimes so grand it catches the attention of the other beach goers. I don't like that, I'm shy, but well, anyway.

It hardly lasts long, the sea level rises as the moon goes, the water dilutes the sand, the wind blows strongly, it will corrode the model. The Sphynx of Egypt was defeated by the desert, and the Great Pyramids lost most of its glory to the strong salty blow of the Sahara. The small toy structures are nothing in comparison, they will be reduced to ashes.

And well, with that, I wrap things up on this post! What do you think of my short piece? Do let me know! Thank you so much, dear reader, for being here! Wish you the best, and I hope to see you again real soon! Hope your days be bright and all your Christmasses be as white as the sands in the beach of the southern region!

Comments

Popular Posts