Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which the much waited DLC for Victoria 3 comes out!

Good morning, my friend, reader of this post! Happy Thursday! How are you and how was your week so far? How is the weather? As for me, I cannot deny it was a week with a great event, new DLC for Victoria 3 being released. The game, that I haven't touched much since May, was quickly revived by this new content. More on that, further on the this blog entry. I am overall okay, some ups and downs, I suppose it happens. At least I managed to sleep more reasonably Wednesday night, it has been rare for me to rest as much when I am supposed to do it, so that is a good achievement! The weather has been pleasant as well, cheers to that, I love Winter! How June is going by fast, at this point. Soon, it will be over. I already should plan on my Wrap up post of the month, so we can start July in a good way... one month closer to my birthday. I still hope I can switch phones, somehow, but financial troubles still haunt me. I did spend more in June than I was expecting, way more than I should, mu

In Which we talk about the best cosmetic DLC of Anno 1800

Hello and good morning everyone! It is yet another wonderful week of Christmas Season! And this is the most important one! We'll have the 24th, Christmas Eve, and the 25th, Christmas day! How are your Christmas shopping going? Is the decoration in place? Not a Christmas person, personally? Nothing wrong with that! I just hope this endyear may be a very good moment for you, I sincerely do, because if I want a good moment for myself, I also want to see others thriving. Speaking of thriving, this month of December we've seen, at least for me, a slow Anno revival, they announced a new season, announced new features on the game, such as the return of Scenarios, which is awesome, and they released the new Cosmetic DLC, that was first mentioned a while back! The Vibrant Cities Cosmetic DLC!
And what I think of it? Well, I love it, I believe it's the best cosmetic DLC of the game, because it affects all the Old World residential tiers, and the market, too. It brings yet more flavor to your islands, much variety, and the only thing you have to do is change the skin of the buildings, and they added a skin-changer mechanic to the game, it only affects the tiers, I wish you could change the ships with it as well, but anyway, that's for another moment. My favorite part is that it adds the Holiday skin to the market building, you guys know how much I love Christmas, and most of the holidays are enchanting to me! But it goes beyond it. You guys know how the Engineer tier residences have a Hausmann-Paris feel to it, some (like me) like it, some don't, my point is, you can change it how they look now! You can give a brick-London feel to your city, or a more New Orleans feel to it with the colorful tones, or a more Broadway-Monaco feel to it with the nighttime tone! I don't know the general feel towards this pack, but I wouldn't be surprised if it became a fan favorite!


To celebrate such success, at least in my view, I bring you guys this psychodelic Santa I edited on Adobe Lightroom! I mentioned before, I decided to subscribe to the Adobe student plan, even if I'm kinda trapped in it for now, or at least until I can afford the cost of unsubscribing (again: BEFORE YOU SIGN UP WITH ADOBE, MAKE SURE YOU ARE AWARE OF THE FACT THAT IN SOME PLANS THERE IS A COST OF UNSUBSCRIPTION, AND IT IS A LOT OF MONEY) it's not an uncomfortable prison, like, their softwares and features are AMAZING! I love Photoshop, I love Lightroom, I love Illustrator, and I love all the paid content! It is a very exciting moment in my life when it comes to creativity. 
Anyway, there is not much more to be said about this cosmetic DLC, it is pretty straightforward, and it is my favorite! I believe I should wrap this post up and prepare for this amazing christmas season, that I hope to post on the blog as well, make some drawings, all the awesome sauce. Wish you all happy Holidays and may the calendar keep brining happy Holidays to you!
Make sure to give this song a listen, it is a very good one!

Comments