Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which I plan my Christmas Card for 2024

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post. Happy Sunday, and I wish you the best, both today and on the new week. I must say: September is going by very fast. It is not a bad thing on its own, but I dread the approximation of Summer. There is the bright side the season of holidays is coning, with special dates such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, specially Christmas on my end, since it is my favorite one. How are you, this Sunday? I was here very recently, so I do not expect you to be that much in a different mood, even if a lot can happen in even a couple of hours. s for me, I am... still afloat, recovering from a harsh day, of many tears and no hope. As I try to occupy my free time, I did manage to play some games, such as Sims 3, and Europa Universalis, as well as trying Victoria 3 once again. On Sims 3, as I was in much distress, I decided that I would treat myself to some expansions of the game that I was missing: those were the niche last one released for the game:

In Which we have Samurai emblems and so on

Good morning reader of this post, and happy FRIDAY! Friday friyay! How are you today? I do hope your week was pleasant, a nice prologue for 2022, a year that we are not sure what will bring. At the end of the day, we never are sure anyway. I didn't have much to share this week unfortunately, reason why I didn't blog much, but I really wanted to write anyway, so here I am! How is the weather, by the way? Is it freezing or freaking hot? Where I am, it is the second option, unfortunately, and the fact many friends would really appreciate a bit of a heat right now is no consolation for me, as I am still me at the end of the day, and they are still them, and I like cold more than I like the heat is all. I have a bit of an update on the friendship side this year already... not so good, but anyway.

So, yea, it was quick, I'm already out of the Ludi's discord server, I saw it coming, he said some stupid crap on his stream, even worse than the crap he said on Christmas, also someone in the audience said something even more stupid, and well, I don't wanna associate with them anymore... It's a shame because he seemed like a nice guy. Maybe he is, but his ideas are not. Also, unfortunately Luthimir deleted me on Discord, which is sad, but I still like him and will support him, as I still like and support MattOverYonder. I don't know if I've hurt them, but they hurt me, but I don't care, I just love them anyway, can't help but love the people I do. Don't know if I should message Luth right now to say that to him... as it would make me anxious, but anyway. 

As in other news, I hope I can do some experimentation in drawing at least for the season of January and so on, this first half of 2022. I've been very interested in the samurai house emblems (kamons) of the Muromachi period in Japan (previously called by me the Sengoku period), as I play Europa Universalis, I get to see those details in Japanese culture and art and so on and they are very wonderful. It is almost impossible to understand how such a remote place as the Japanese isles gave birth to such a MIND BLOWING AND AMAZING culture! No wonder it was always all the rage in Europe, from the moment Japan was discovered by Portuguese sailors, to their opening to the world stage in the 19th century, that caused a nippomania in the world that would last for many many years. So yes, I do want to learn more into that, maybe I'll have my own japonist period, in the stuff I do!

I think this is a nice swift short post that nonetheless have a lot to offer! I hope my posts may keep on going this direction, as it is a nice goal and a tendency that I believe can be traced to my first ones. Anyway, I wish you the best, my friend, and I'd gladly see you again next time!

Comments

Popular Posts