Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we Wrap up September: At the Gates of a crosswalk

Good evening my good friend, reader of this present post! How are you today? How have you been? We have reached the end of another month, as Christmas season of 2026 either unfolds or draws near, depending on your traditional habits. In any case, the second half of a year, and specially the months of the holiday events, such as Halloween and Thanksgiving, go by quite fast, they also obey their own special laws, separated from the speed of light. I love to see autumn, albeit from afar, given it is spring to summer time in my tropical area. The weather has been so far kept in a pleasant way, and as I understand October may advance the heat forward, I ought to enjoy the breeze as it lasts. And I am okay, I would say. It was a month of me getting the internship and taking part on the first shift of the internship, just observing the classroom while the teacher that took me in, Bless her soul, really did a rather good job at keeping a classroom of so many loud teenagers under control. It wa...

In Which we say Hello to January and 2022!

Hello everyone and happy new year and happy Saturday, though it doesn't really feel like a Saturday, does it? I'd say something of a Sunday/Monday vibes, anyway, how are you? How was the great event of seeing 2021 turning into 2022? Did you get to see the fireworks? As for me, I spent in my bed for the most part, half time asleep half time hanging out with a streamer friend when someone was around. I could hear the fireworks but that's all, apparently was quite the event! I was way more inspired to write the post before lunch, but since I had the meal I lost most of my train of thought. I really wanted to write a post this 1st day of January, so here we are!



For this January I decided to go for some clouds in my laptop wallpaper, I change them monthly, also changed them on my phone. It is of custom that I also change on twitter, but since I observe the fact one should take decorations of Christmas down January 6th, this is the moment I'll be doing the change. Overall I don't do tendencies for the WHOLE year because the year has 365 separate days in 12 months and so on, I can't even predict what I'll eat for lunch tomorrow most of the time! I don't know if season 4 of Anno will be a success, a failure, anything in between, we can only guess for now. I heard there will be an event later this month hosted by the game studio that develops Humankind, Amplitude, if so, I hope it goes well and it brings some news on the game that could be, but at the moment isn't quite it. I commented was still better than Civ 6 in my opinion, someone disliked that so much it made him wrote back to me on the comment session of Youtube... I won't say I won't play Civ 6 anymore, but I haven't properly touched the game since May, so this could be a red flag for Firaxis if I'm not the only one with this tendency. I just feel Civ 6 is too mechanic, it leaves very little for the imagination. It's fun, because Europa Universalis have a ton of mechanics as well, it is a very complex game that is just hard to get into, and yet, it is more satisfying than Civ 6 (though losing to the ottomans for the 10th time as Byzantium is not fun either, but it's a different feel). At this point I'm just divagating (if there's such a verb). Speaking of EU, I recently joined the server of a guy who do EU4 videos and so on, his username is Ludi Et Historia on Youtube. I think he is charismatic, and I'm looking forward to hang out and possibly grow a friendship with him and with many on his community... but who knows, I could get upset and leave the server sometime soon due to some disagreement, or just the mood, like I left Taka's server, well, so far it seems okay, let's see how it goes, I was not happy with his not so appreciative of Christmas Holiday message for his youtube followers, as you all know I love Christmas to bits, but well... again I ramble (I was gonna type wramble, cause of course I would). 

In conclusion, there is very little I can tell about 2022, let alone February, let alone tomorrow, let alone if I'll get out of this chair and put the dirty clothes of the bedroom in the laundry machine, we can only go one step at a time I suppose. I do hope it may be fine, and I may clean everything up, and that things at Ludi's discord work out well, and so on. And I hope things go well for you as well, dear reader, thank you yet again for being around, and have a wonderful rest of the day! See you again likely real soon.

Comments