Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

In Which, after 6 years, I can safely attest that Civilization 6 SUCKS!

Hello everyone! Wonderful to see you today! I'll keep it brief because I have a lot to discuss, today we are talking about Civilization 6, and I make a case that says the game in the end kinda sucks, my take, at least. Doesn't fit my style at all, let's chat it further bellow!

I had a lot of thoughts today, and many of them were about Sid Meier's Civilization 6. In the big picture, as the game has been out for over 6 years now, I can safely say the graphics of it, the more cartoony ones, ruined the game for me, it throws me off a huge deal. I remember when the first footages of the game were out, and I hated the graphics just by looking at the pictures, I still think the same, disgusting they were! I believe it does not fit a game such as civ to be made like that, I had to survive Civilization 4 already, after the beautiful work made in Civ 5, my favorite release of the franchise, it felt like a drawback. But, that alone wasn't the only reason that made me move away from Civ 6, which hurt the franchise as a whole for me. I can also mention the board-game-feel of the game, some love it, I don't, hurts the roleplay a lot, I mean, just the whole story you can imagine with Civ 5, it is gone in Civ 6, because the cities are detachable and you gotta plan for the districts and so on, and there are the eras, and the governors, too much going on, too much that doesn't feel connected, well put together, takes a long time to learn the game, little time to enjoy it. I mean, maybe Europa Universalis is also guilty of that, but it's fun to learn Europa, not fun to learn Civ 6. There is also the fact Geography plays a huge role in the game, the RNG hell happens when you gotta reroll a thousand times for a decent starting position, one that is not next to any aggressive leader and one that allows for good district locations or wonders, it really feels like you are losing the point by "trying to play with what you get", you'll find yourself lagging behind very fast, specially after difficulty 5, and that's another point, the steps between each difficulty are too steep, in Civ 5, you can play at difficulty 5 and feel challenged enough to not go further, but also actually enjoy the game and have a shot at winning as a casual, Civ 6 has none of that, there is a HUGE scale in difficulty between level 5 and 6 in Civ 6, level 5 being reasonably easy and level 6 being already too hard for casuals, I don't know, I have 2k hours in Civ 5, but I also have almost 1k at 6, so that's enough to make a comparison. There are more things, such as the artificial boost to female leaders in Civ 6, doesn't feel natural or like an organic decision, feels more like a move to appease towards the feminists or something of the sort. The Civiliopedia was never really good, but in Civ 6, the language used in it is... frustrating, and the content is even worse than presented before, if that's possible. It was one of the first things that I noticed when I tried Civ 6 for the first time. The high graphics demand also make it harder to play and enjoy, I grew up with crappy computers, I only got my first gaming laptop in freaking 2019, that was the first year I was able to test Civ 6, the 3 years gap between that and the release hurt a lot. Man... there is just so much to talk when it comes of the overall crappiness of Civ 6 (a game that I love in respect only for the franchise, if it wasn't for that I'd give a solid 6/10) but this post is getting way too long and I just don't like posts being that long, I'll wrap things up here! Wish you the best, and I see you again real soon!

Comments

Popular Posts