Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

In Which I am struck with a writer's block, but I recovered

Good morning, my friend, reader of this post! How are you today? How are things going? How is the weather? As for me, I'm okay, the weather is fine, somehow, at least in my house. When it rains, and it rained a lot yesterday, afterwards the tendency is a lot of heat, which sucks a lot, I think I mentioned that before, that airless weather, it is the worst thing!

Picture taken around 2015, I believe...

Well, I played a game today, one outside of my list of most played games, which is Egypt: Old Kingdom...  It is not that game which really captivates me, in spite of the fact of being a strategy game about Ancient Egypt, the old Kingdom, even. It is not a pharaoh, though, I got a bit fatigued and uninstalled it. I think my mind is a bit fatigued today, not ideal. I don't even know if I'll go to college anymore today, don't think it will be productive... It is a snowball, missing classes, one day without class invites the other, and so on. One step at a time, at the end of the day... I don't even feel like writing much today, unfortunately. just that odd bad feeling is all, don't know if it's the disappointment with the Egypt game, if it's something else, just feeling not there is all... Don't know if I'll play some more games, and it is a weird time of the day, I think. I don't like to do things that way.

I thought the drive to write was never going to return, as Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday were days in which I had none. but well, this Friday I recovered it! Back on Track: I am trying a new game recently, it is called Nebuchadnezzar, and it's a city building game set in Ancient Mesopotamia, often a forgotten land, and it should not, as it is the beacon of urban civilization, with this crowded streets, beautiful houses of clay and mudbrick, huge temples! I'm still getting a grasp of it, even if I have the game for a year now. I was expecting it since 2020, and I was one of the first people to purchase it in February 2021! It feels good to support this genre of game that I love, which is city building strategy games. The royalty of those for me are Anno 1404/1800 and Pharaoh, so far I'm yet to find games that can compete with those two. I could chat some more about the games I like, as I also play others on the Strategy spectrum, as you know, probably, such as 4X strategy ones such as Europa Universalis and Civilization, resource management ones... I just love those games.

I'm so happy to have finished another blog post, I don't like to keep the blog empty for too long, because doesn't feel right, doe it? Well, let's wrap things up saying that I hope to be back really soon with more improv words on my life and so on! Wish you all the best, and I see you all real soon!

Comments

Popular Posts