Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

In Which we have a new week!

Good morning to you, dear reader of this post, and happy Sunday! There is a controversy over if Sunday is actually the first day of a week or the last. I hold conviction that it is the first, as it only makes sense! Anyway, how are you? How are things? I do wish you the best, and say cheers! How si the weather? Here, it is somehow a mess, with a lot of rain, but also a lot of stuffiness, airless weather, making the time without rain a furnace! Yes, quite the time between Summer and Winter, we could call it fall, but really, where I live, in the land of eternal sun, we don't quite see the difference between most 4 seasons. And speaking of Seasons, I'd love to come around and chat about the new scenario coming for Anno 1800, Seasons of Silver, that revolves around those two things quoted in the title! Seeing the Summer season and the monsoon season in action reminds me of my own place of living. The state I live in, the one named around the many lagoons we have here, the most important city being built amongst aligators and mermaids, by the ones who descended from the Knights of the sea. But that's not the entire story of Alagoas, a place also have in its presence the harsh desert-like weather of the place called, in my translation, something like "bad miasma" (actually called Caatinga), which is a collection of very very drylands, with a lot of dead trees and cactuses, reminds me of Colorado. And in a place like this, is where the new scenario takes place! The agriculture goes to die there, if it wouldn't be for the heavy rains of the Monsoon season, that fills the water reservatories that you'll have to bnld in order to survive such Weather. Most of the inspiration for such scenario, that takes place in a very desolated region belonging to A Coroa (La Corona for the plebs), comes from the drylands of Chile, Peru and Bolivia, but we can see some of Brazilian drylands as well. Why going to such uninviting place? Well...

Failing to capture the Scepter of Capon in Cape Trelawney, Vasco Oliveira, the former man of the king goes to meet punishment, and so he is condemned into exile, to the desolated Place of name "Deserto de Plata", and he is there to fulfill the needs of La Corona for silver. And so it goes, quite nice, isn't it? I watched Takarazuka playing it, watched Aestris playing it as well, it seems quite enjoyable, not only as a scenario, but also to see a bit more of Vasco and La Corona, based on Portugal and Spain. As a person who was born in Brazil, specially in the Northeastern region, I have indeed portuguese inheritance, and it is nice to see a bit more of the homeland of my ancestry, so to speak.

The post is getting quite big now, isn't it? I start talking about Anno, culture, history, I don't stop! But well, let's wrap things here, and I hope to be back quite soon. In fact, maybe I can return tomorrow or this Wednesday, to talk some more of Anno, hopefully! In either case, I see you real real soon, and I wish you the best! Cheers!!!

Comments

Popular Posts