Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we Wrap up September: At the Gates of a crosswalk

Good evening my good friend, reader of this present post! How are you today? How have you been? We have reached the end of another month, as Christmas season of 2026 either unfolds or draws near, depending on your traditional habits. In any case, the second half of a year, and specially the months of the holiday events, such as Halloween and Thanksgiving, go by quite fast, they also obey their own special laws, separated from the speed of light. I love to see autumn, albeit from afar, given it is spring to summer time in my tropical area. The weather has been so far kept in a pleasant way, and as I understand October may advance the heat forward, I ought to enjoy the breeze as it lasts. And I am okay, I would say. It was a month of me getting the internship and taking part on the first shift of the internship, just observing the classroom while the teacher that took me in, Bless her soul, really did a rather good job at keeping a classroom of so many loud teenagers under control. It wa...

In Which we say a delayed Hello to April!

Hello everyone, it is great to see you! Good morning! Happy Wednesday! How are you today? How are things going? How is the weather? As the circle of life goes, I need a shave once again, I should take care of that soon, though I could use new razing blades so the shaving can be more smooth, but well, one step at a time. I was having an appointment with my therapist recently, after I told him my lamentations he passed me some tests to do, and we reached the suspicion I may suffer from Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), me and half the guys I know... Dang, it is a modern day plague, reaching far and wide. Well, I went to the psychiatrist soon after, and after more talking (where the magic happens) we reached an understanding I may indeed struggle with it. And the worst part is that it makes perfect sense. I'm messed up, I have already Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, and now one more to the books... The only thing I seen to suck at getting is the good things, the bad things though? Those pile up higher by the minute! Is this what to expect for April? Mental disorders and lack of hope for the future? It does seem like the ceiling fell over me, and my legs, arms and neck are broken and a toxic waste fire started and we are seconds away from a nuclear explosion, my life seems like that sometimes. Luckily, there are videogames! And those are coming with a lot of good things real soon: Anno 1800 season 4, the first DLC of it, Seeds of Change, bringing the Haciendas to the game, they are coming out this Tuesday April 12! Next week! How crazy awesome is that? More news arrive on Victoria 3, also, and I'm more excited by the minute to try it out. I mean, Victoria 2 is one of my favorite videogames ever, so Vic3 has potential!


This picture was taken from this DevBlog from the Anno union, I will talk about a bit on it bellow, but you should check the source material also cause it's really pleasant to read!

I should probably chat some more about the Haciendas! To be fair, this first DLC is quite straightforward in which it says is gonna deliver: your own farm estate in the new world! A place that should be the heart of your agricultural-based, commodity driven New World economy! I am excited, specially for the new quarters for the Obreras, you can never get enough of them! They are also bringing fertilizers to the game, to further boost your plantations and farms! The Haciendas do remind me of the palace of the Old World, but with its own twist... Either way, there is a problem of space, because, as you know, the islands on the New World are extremely challenging logistic and spáce wise, they have tortuous rivers and mountains in the most unconvenient locations. But well, I heard new island models are coming into the game, that should help! Anyway, this post is getting big, so I should wrap up things for now and save it for a new post, in the future future future - as would say my friend MattOverYonder (now he changed his username to MattWanders), he is awesomenerino! And this future is real real soon, so no worries! Wish you the best once again, and see you REAL SOON! Cheers!

Comments