Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which the much waited DLC for Victoria 3 comes out!

Good morning, my friend, reader of this post! Happy Thursday! How are you and how was your week so far? How is the weather? As for me, I cannot deny it was a week with a great event, new DLC for Victoria 3 being released. The game, that I haven't touched much since May, was quickly revived by this new content. More on that, further on the this blog entry. I am overall okay, some ups and downs, I suppose it happens. At least I managed to sleep more reasonably Wednesday night, it has been rare for me to rest as much when I am supposed to do it, so that is a good achievement! The weather has been pleasant as well, cheers to that, I love Winter! How June is going by fast, at this point. Soon, it will be over. I already should plan on my Wrap up post of the month, so we can start July in a good way... one month closer to my birthday. I still hope I can switch phones, somehow, but financial troubles still haunt me. I did spend more in June than I was expecting, way more than I should, mu

In Which I ask myself "Do I like The Sims 4's Kits idea?"

Hm, it is a tough question! I mean, with this economy, makes sense to have more focused and "affordable" (many quotation marks, cause The Sims), bite-size material for sale. I mean, I guess gone are the days in which this game received bigger packs, but I guess it's for the best, the game doensn't offer much of a "finished product" anyway, so why bother with adding more broken features that will be forgotten later, when we can somehow focus on what the game does good? That could be a winning idea, but Kits ain't there either. The Kits that add male clothes are profoundly uninspiring and painfully crafted for a very niche audience. The furniture sets available are not that inviting either. But I get where they are coming from. I am not against a game adding new packs of paid content, enhancing the experience of the game... the Sims do push my tolerance a bit though, because the pricing is just not reasonable for what it offers, I mean, you could say that other games have this issue, but the game I have in mind who also has a painfully long list of paid content, Europa Universalis, at least deserves to have such treatment, as the game is bigger than life. And I think some other games should be encouraged to have more self-esteem... But The Sims, I'll do as my friend theDarthGuy and will scoff... because... it's... eh... lackluster.
That being said, I have my fair share of Kits, I have the ones that add furniture, such as the Country Kitchen Kit for example. On clothing, I guess I only own that very weird Korean Inspired Airport Fashion kit, that I barely use, what a waste of money, and waste of potential, because the name sounds cool, Korea has an amazing millenar culture to be seen, but nah... and it could be worse, like, the male fashion kit I mentioned. I think of that one of being absolutely dreadful, to say the least, a spit on the face of the men who play the sims. And it's not even the worse they got, I mean, I'm biased because I hate carnival and most of the things to do with Brazilian (or more specifically, Rio de Janeiro) carnival, which is precisely the theme of one of the kits. What the what.
Really, stuff like this make me wonder "why bother even thinking about The Sims?" Like, their values are not my values, the ones of the company. The game is mediocre and it is on the far left culturally, all that I despise. So... why? I mean, I like building houses, I like playing the dollhouse that should be The Sims, it's fun, till a certain point, and I don't wanna be constrained by my own worldview, I mean, it's a game that should be for everyone (actually, everyone +15, I think the game could be more if they actually made the game more mature, don't need to hide "sex" or "overdrinking"... and I'm fairly conservative when it comes to those things... to think of which, nah... with their approach, they'd destroy those life things.). Nah, it's a game that keeps pushing for a group, and going away from another, which I think it's just a shame. You guys get the picture, it's a 3-5 stars game, wanting so bad to go to a 2.5-5. Sad but true, I can't recommend, though I kinda wanna play it just to build a nice house... I mean, gonna be fair, after this review, I'm better off playing something else. But well, anyway.

Comments