Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which I plan my Christmas Card for 2024

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post. Happy Sunday, and I wish you the best, both today and on the new week. I must say: September is going by very fast. It is not a bad thing on its own, but I dread the approximation of Summer. There is the bright side the season of holidays is coning, with special dates such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, specially Christmas on my end, since it is my favorite one. How are you, this Sunday? I was here very recently, so I do not expect you to be that much in a different mood, even if a lot can happen in even a couple of hours. s for me, I am... still afloat, recovering from a harsh day, of many tears and no hope. As I try to occupy my free time, I did manage to play some games, such as Sims 3, and Europa Universalis, as well as trying Victoria 3 once again. On Sims 3, as I was in much distress, I decided that I would treat myself to some expansions of the game that I was missing: those were the niche last one released for the game:

In Which I share the Misadventures of Dan Trianon on the Interwebs looking for an alternative to Instagram

Hey everyone, how are you? How are things going? I do wish you the best and hope things are okay! Good morning and happy Sunday Funday! It's a delight to have you around the Divagation Store, a place where you don't buy anything but you sure let your thoughts roam free as you look at the awesome products on the shelves! This could also be a "New Era" for the blog! How come? Well...

So, recently I found out that Instagram is going the Path of TikTok, which means they are focusing more on their reels, videos, and bigger pictures occupying the whole screen of the phone or so, in a trend that is making the app go further away from what I liked about it. I don't think I shared this before, but I have a deep distaste towards TikTok, not only because of who owns it, but also because I really dislike the stuff there, and the stuff that reverberates (if there's such a word) across other platforms. I, then, decided to search for alternatives to Instagram, and, guess what, I found none! Not a single one that is friendly towards just casual unpretentions picture sharing. It is... frustrating, to say the least. I mean... I looked at Vero, that is a very good looking desert of people. I looked again at Tumblr, which reminded me of the dumpsterfire it is and how bad my life was back in 2014-2015. Most of those "alternatives" are either a huge flop or dominated by the left, I mean, with gender ideology, post-modernism, all the things I really am not into! I really just want a place to share my pictures, my stuff like thoughts, ideas, my Aesthetics, my drawings and art, and more and more I'm made to think of my blog here, what a blessed place it is, really. I should apologize for staying some weeks without writing here, but then again sometimes I don't even write on my personal journal! It requires a mood, to create, specially if this is not your job. And if it was a job, then the whole thing would lose purpose, I think. I can't just force myself to write. I gotta find balance between keeping the blog nice and updated but also doing what I'd love to do. I kinda got sidetracked so let's return to the mainpoint, no place other than Instagram for what I look for. I mean, I also use Twitter... but it's a different platform for different.. and I hate to say this word.. "content". Maybe I should just become an hermit and stop using social media altogether? But... man... I mean, what a bleak world, imagine going back to a moment where you couldn't just make connections with people that are not around you physically, not being able to share your stuff and see other people's stuff... it's kind of sad, if you ask me...

In the most Daniel Fashion of ways, what I'll do right now is nothing, won't stop using Instagram (though I suspect I'll use it less), and I won't migrate to some platform, since there are none that fit the criteria I look after. But one thing I could do is use the blog more to share my pictures once again! I mean, it can be unpractical logistically and so on, BUT I wanna have something I can be proud of! Anyway, will share my first picture of this "new small period but not really" sort of stuff.

Those are my new shoes by the way, I love them.

The post is getting quite big so I must say see ya later now, and this later is probably around this week for the "Wrap up of May" post and also the "Welcome June" one. Another Corn season arrives! Time for the day of St. John and St. Anthony, which means fireplaces, dressing up as a redneck, fireworks, lots of popcorn and yellow, and also lots of rain! I love this holiday, it's one of my absolute favorites, it only loses for Christmas in my list of favorite ones! I mean, I also love Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving and so on, but St. John is awesomenerino! And in that jazz, MY BLOG WILL BE 4 YEARS OF AGE THIS JUNE THE 8TH! WOW! How freaking cool is that? What a time to try and be more active here! Well... I'll talk about this and other stuff the next post, that will be written pretty soon, so no worries, love yall!

Comments

Popular Posts