Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which I plan my Christmas Card for 2024

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post. Happy Sunday, and I wish you the best, both today and on the new week. I must say: September is going by very fast. It is not a bad thing on its own, but I dread the approximation of Summer. There is the bright side the season of holidays is coning, with special dates such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, specially Christmas on my end, since it is my favorite one. How are you, this Sunday? I was here very recently, so I do not expect you to be that much in a different mood, even if a lot can happen in even a couple of hours. s for me, I am... still afloat, recovering from a harsh day, of many tears and no hope. As I try to occupy my free time, I did manage to play some games, such as Sims 3, and Europa Universalis, as well as trying Victoria 3 once again. On Sims 3, as I was in much distress, I decided that I would treat myself to some expansions of the game that I was missing: those were the niche last one released for the game:

In Which I decided to order a second screen for the laptop

Good morning to you, my friend, reader of this post, and welcome to another set of words by yours truly! I don't think I'm doing enough to celebrate the 4th year of my blog, I'm sad, but also, I don't want to force myself into anything, really, want it to be something natural in the end. Such as drawing, also, I, for one hand, wants to draw, but on another, I don't want to force myself and come out with mediocre work. I should do a brainstorm for more ideas for stories and so on... Anyway, as the title says it, I decided to go ahead and do the biggest spending of my financial life. Or... I don't know, I'd call it investment, because spenditure has that conotation of just throwing money out the window, money that I don't have, and that is not the case, I am not throwing money out the window, I am getting something in return, and that is a second screen. Why am I doing it? Because I am done with playing Europa Universalis, or any other game that requires a fullscreen, and getting sidetracked, missing messages, just get drowned into the game, I don't want that anymore, if I am to have more freedom of playing games, more freedom to do my things on the computer, I am getting a second one. One thing that opens up with it, for example, I have Anno 1800 minimized, I could have it maximized and playing it, while I also write on the blog, on the second screen, that's just an example. Now, it was a considerable investment, and I'll pay for it as the months go by, bit by bit, because I cannot afford the full price at the moment, but I also really wanted to have a second screen, to check discord, have something else on it, while I do the main work on the laptop. I felt bad doing that, because I believed it would put me in considerable jeopardy financially, but I am more at peace with my decision now, because things will work out. Nothing will really change on my routine, at the moment. It comes to mind: am I coping with it, by writing this? Am I having an episode of cognitive dissonance? Where my idea of right and wrong becomes divorced from my actions and words? I can't say for sure, I tend to be harsh on myself and say "yes, and you should be punished severely for your lack of delayed gratification", but I also understand my needs, and those include a second screen, because I use the computer a lot and sometimes getting sidetracked, getting too immersed in a game, it is bad. But I also want to play the game, so having this option of a second screen is a Godsend. Anyway, I was vaguely planning on getting an iPad for my birthday, which is, asking my mother if she could afford one for me, so I could start meddling on digital art. But with that second screen, this may be delayed or so. It's okay, though... the iPad was just a vague promise, the second screen is a concrete necessity, for me, as a gamer and a chatter and a casual streamer, as me. I like to putting my thoughts out there! This is one of the reasons to have a blog, after all! In any case, I wish you all the best, I believe I'm wrapping up things here because I wrote a lot! I want to also go and play some Anno, or maybe something else. Ideally I'd try some Europa, but I have two things coming that makes me wanna delay me playing Europa: the second screen, and the new flavor pack and update 1.34! We shall see how it goes. I believe I should save those for another post! Anyway, love you, my friend, see you again REAL REAL SOON!

Comments

Popular Posts