Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

In Which We Have Post #557 and a very happy Blog Anniversary!

Good morning, everyone! Today is a very happy day! It's the blog's Anniversary! June the 8th! I still remember when I created it, or kinda... Was it a Saturday? I believe it was a rainy one, I had a bad moment with one of my best friends back then, due to some stuff, and I wanted to have a place where I could imagine having a conversation with him about anything that I had in mind, there was this limitation, of course, but I really needed a place for myself to just talk, never been the one to have a journal or anything, I mean, I think, when you can't express something to someone, just talk to a wall, what's the point? Probably the reason I don't talk to animals or plants or all that crap. But, when I'm expressing myself to "someone" even if that someone is the internet void, it makes much more sense to me! I also talk to myself a lot, but it's just not the same thing. And I really like going through store's shelves, looking at their beautiful products, specially home depot stores (Not the brand Home Depot, by the way, I never been into one of those), like, with their ambiences, their decoration items, their porcelain, it just makes a lot of sense, it makes me dream, immerses me into the lovely art of home design and decoration! Truly wonderful, uplifting, and me, living in a cement-glass city of ugliness, where most things never inspire any kind feelings, it makes a difference, it does. I love Art, I love all the beautiful things, it can save a life, really! And speaking of saving lives, I took this picture of a rose, yesterday, I believe it turned out quite okay, I was chatting about pictures yesterday, and had this one in mind! To celebrate the 4th year of my blog, I'd like to have this one on the post!


I edited this picture a bit, but I think I wrote this on an Instagram post, it's not enough to edit, the raw material must be there, and on this picture, it is!

No, I don't believe beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I believe beauty is objective, it is there, and the beholder has the capacity to see it. Sometimes they see something else, but due to their inability to express what it is, they mistake that for beauty. I believe there is no beauty in most schools of post-modern contemporary work (such as decontrutivist architecture), it is devoid of anything good, for example, and that is by design. And I believe that is also important to say, or at least to think about. Because expression (not expressionism) is important, language is important, and knowing what words to use and knowing the meaning of those words is important. And then we arrive at this blog! This wonderful divagation store, with me just reflecting on things and chatting about what I like! It didn't change over the years much, I still remember that post I wrote to this singer I like, Reid Umstattd, and I still think he is awesome, and I'm grateful for The Voice for introducing it to me, but I don't watch The Voice anymore, and I still follow Reid! Not all singers I still follow, but Reid I do! He has an american southern charm and embraces it, and I'm grateful that he does. And to celebrate the birthday with music, I'd like to share his EP with you all, the 2019 one "Pockets of Clouds"! I suggest giving it a listen, specially to that song Evangeline, and Shiloh Road! Those are my favorites

Reid's EP "Pockets of Clouds"

Reid's EP on Youtube

Well, with this, I close this post! But the blog keeps on going, it really bothers me saying forever, because that is a LOT of time! Let's say it stays for, hopefully, a long while, at least certainly this month, and the next, perhaps for the whole of 2022, and let's hope, the whole of 2023. Guys, thank you ever so so much! I love you, my friend, reader of this post! And I see you again real real REAL soon!

Comments

Popular Posts