Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

In Which I finish the AEIOU mission tree part for Austria!

Hey there, friend! Good morning, how are you? I'm... okay, I'd say, it were a very exhausting couple of days, mentally, reason why I didn't update the blog. Today I don't think I have much to say, I mean, I could talk about college and how frustrating it all has been, could mention I haven't been drawing much, either, but anyway, like a new friend says "don't force yourself too much" and I don't plan on doing it. Nah, none of those things make me wanna write it here, or anywhere, for that matter. Again, I've been playing a lot of Europa Universalis, this time as Austria, where I managed to do the AEIOU on the mission tree for them, which was my goal! I mean, my goal was to get the achievement of the same name on Steam, BUT that I don't think I'll manage to do so, at this point, as Austria really is not the best colonial nation, and the mission has a part in which you have to adventure yourself in India, China and Australia! To be fair, I managed to complete I'd say 65% of the tree, so I'm pretty proud of myself already! Maybe I could play something else, next? I don't know, I was playing some AOE3 some days ago, could always revisit it. Maybe some Anno as well? I could just look on my steam library for something... There is an expansion coming for The Sims soon, yea, ANOTHER ONE, one of the two thousands out there. This one is focused on the teenage years. I guesss could be fun, specially for those looking to live the High School life. I don't know if I'll get it straight away, I've been spending very loosely the past months, I want a bit more austerity in expenditure and balance the budget better, I'm worried that my main credit card increased my limit, and that can invite me to make myself more financially fragile. Well, speaking of finances, here's my best of Instagram for today!


This one is an old one, back in July-August 2015, I believe, when I was doing a painting course, it was really nice, I believe I mentioned this course a couple times here on the blog, too! It's a reproduction of Amaryllis (that I'm probably writing wrong) by Piet Mondrian, a painter more famous for his geometric paintings. I mean, Mr. Mondrian has some pleasant works, but I really dislike his movement, I say I can see some value in it, without endorsing it, which I don't, at all.
I believe this post is getting too big, so I should finish it soon. I'm pretty happy with it, considering I wasn't expecting to write as much as I did! And again, thank you for being here, dear reader, you are the bestenerino! See you again real real REAL real soon!

Comments