Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we Wrap up September: At the Gates of a crosswalk

Good evening my good friend, reader of this present post! How are you today? How have you been? We have reached the end of another month, as Christmas season of 2026 either unfolds or draws near, depending on your traditional habits. In any case, the second half of a year, and specially the months of the holiday events, such as Halloween and Thanksgiving, go by quite fast, they also obey their own special laws, separated from the speed of light. I love to see autumn, albeit from afar, given it is spring to summer time in my tropical area. The weather has been so far kept in a pleasant way, and as I understand October may advance the heat forward, I ought to enjoy the breeze as it lasts. And I am okay, I would say. It was a month of me getting the internship and taking part on the first shift of the internship, just observing the classroom while the teacher that took me in, Bless her soul, really did a rather good job at keeping a classroom of so many loud teenagers under control. It wa...

In Which I lose a teeth

Good morning dear friend, reader of this post, and happy Saturday! How are you today and how are things going? I wish you the best, hope that you are well. How is the weather? Here, it is hot and hotter, as we approach summer. Something not great happened to me recently, this Wednesday to be more precise. Talking about it is very painful, but I want to make this effort. I was going to the doctor walking, something unusual for me. Brazilian sidewalks are as chaotic as chaos can be, they have a lot of… let’s put it, artistic liberties. I tripped and fell into one of those liberties, and I lost a tooth and a lot of blood in the process. Yes, I have a hole in my mandible now. It was such a powerful impact I didn’t feel many pain, because of the shock. Coughing and spilling blood, I arrived at the doctor, but just to have a checkpoint. Mom was working, and had to drop everything to come to my rescue and take me to the emergency room, where they managed the bleeding, and gave me the diagnosis: my tooth was gone, now I’d need to evaluate it further and likely prepare for a surgery. Bleeding is gone, but the trauma of the impact stays. My brain plays the fall in my head on a minute basis, where I could feel the tooth shutting down on the speed of light from my body. Again and again, causing me to sink deeper, just for now I hope, into depression. I haven’t been able to do much at all, I just am not on a headspace for it unfortunately. I would love to say it is due to the teeth loss, but I was like it before, the teeth only being a physical reason to feel sad and apathetic. Or I wish I was apathetic, now I’m frightened, and without my front tooth. I have to say, this stinks. Stinks a lot, actually… I wish I could’ve written on the blog earlier but at the end of the day I could barely do my chores, such as studying and the activities for college. Worse than that, I haven’t been able to play videogames, can’t derive any joy from anything. So… yea, for now I’ve been living in my bed, and feeding on milk and chocolate, I can’t have coffee for now, which is something I miss already… so, yes, this is an update on my situation. I pray and hope I may be able to write some more here on the blog soon, but I need to rest my mind from what happened. So, this is it for today, thank you for being here, and I see you again real real soon.

Comments