Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which the much waited DLC for Victoria 3 comes out!

Good morning, my friend, reader of this post! Happy Thursday! How are you and how was your week so far? How is the weather? As for me, I cannot deny it was a week with a great event, new DLC for Victoria 3 being released. The game, that I haven't touched much since May, was quickly revived by this new content. More on that, further on the this blog entry. I am overall okay, some ups and downs, I suppose it happens. At least I managed to sleep more reasonably Wednesday night, it has been rare for me to rest as much when I am supposed to do it, so that is a good achievement! The weather has been pleasant as well, cheers to that, I love Winter! How June is going by fast, at this point. Soon, it will be over. I already should plan on my Wrap up post of the month, so we can start July in a good way... one month closer to my birthday. I still hope I can switch phones, somehow, but financial troubles still haunt me. I did spend more in June than I was expecting, way more than I should, mu

In Which I say Happy Thanksgiving for the wonderful Holiday of 2022

Good morning, dear reader of this post, my friend! First of all, I must say I'm grateful to have you here! You've been around for so long, and saw a lot of good and bad moments, periods of productivity and also of inactivity, for that, I'm indeed grateful! This will be a post dedicated to all my friends and family, which includes you! I fell and lost a tooth recently, in a painful way. That offers me, though, another opportunity to express my gratitude! I'd like to thank the people at the clinic for the help they provided me calling my mom and helping me not be so hurt with my tooth. The doctor at the emergency who offered me first aid and helped me end the bleeding. My mom and grandparents that always come to my aid, that is indeed something I'm extremely grateful for. I love my family! And also for the people who did not belittled me for my injury, not mocked me for my lack of teeth and my comical appearance, that is much appreciated! I'd like to thank specially Aestris for receiving me at your streams and offering me some kind words! That kindness transcends any difference of ideas we may have, you are a good guy. I thank Florius for letting me message him, and that also receives me well at his streams, you are the ultragigachad! To my dearest friendenerini Charles "Chill" Banks for being the best friend I could've asked for, for the intellectual convos and the spiritual nourishment you provide. To Ludi, that also always let me message him and don't hesitate to express his opinion if it thinks it will help me, I'm very grateful for it. To PsychoManatee also, that always is by my side on everything, not blindly, but because he sees worth in myself. You are a superb friend. To be fair, many many other wonderful friendships that make me feel way less lonely. I suppose this disaster happened in a good time of year, a time to say thanks and to have delicious meals in celebration of the goodwill of the Lord and also of the help of others. Specially if you live in America, unfortunately I do not, but I consider myself an American by heart, and both Ludwig Von Mises and Voltaire said in the past, the nation is where the heart lies (not with those words but you get the idea). Thank Goodness, also, that it wasn't any worse of an injury, I could've deformed my face further, when I think of it, I thank God that he took me only a teeth. I think thanksgiving is easy when you have no grievances, you should be thankful precisely when you have bad things happening to you. I can't eat without pain and my dentist's appointment will only happen at the 1st of December... I wish the Christmas decorations at my grandma were already in place, unfortunately they are not so far, I guess I should be thankful we can celebrate Christmas in the first place, because there are places out there where you can be punished even for expressing cheerfulness, to be fair, in those places you have no reason to be cheerful at all. At least here in Brazil we still have our joie de vivre in general, I see it in people's faces as I go, people still feel and do things, they haven't given up just yet, I suppose another reason to be thankful! 

We are closing this post with a picture of abundance! This is a porcelain ware I saw at the department store once, it is so amazingly beautiful! I wish I could visit it, the department store, if only just to see the decorations there! I also think, with the season of delicious meals, it's an appropriate object to give it a face! One last thing, I am grateful that I'm still here at the blog! Still writing in general! And I'm grateful I can drink coffee once again, for a week I couldn't, because the injury was still fresh. So... yes! I hope I can write some more soon, to just chat and express my ideas. Wish you the best, have a wonderful ongoing season of Christmas, see you again real real REAL soon, so no worries! And also, take a good look where you are stepping, because you can trip and fall just like I did, I recommend getting sunglasses because the sun can be a pain sometimes....

Comments