Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which I plan my Christmas Card for 2024

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post. Happy Sunday, and I wish you the best, both today and on the new week. I must say: September is going by very fast. It is not a bad thing on its own, but I dread the approximation of Summer. There is the bright side the season of holidays is coning, with special dates such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, specially Christmas on my end, since it is my favorite one. How are you, this Sunday? I was here very recently, so I do not expect you to be that much in a different mood, even if a lot can happen in even a couple of hours. s for me, I am... still afloat, recovering from a harsh day, of many tears and no hope. As I try to occupy my free time, I did manage to play some games, such as Sims 3, and Europa Universalis, as well as trying Victoria 3 once again. On Sims 3, as I was in much distress, I decided that I would treat myself to some expansions of the game that I was missing: those were the niche last one released for the game:

In Which we say Farewell to October, a Month with a grim ending

Happy Tuesday, friend, reader of this post on the divagation store! How are you today? How are things going? I wish you the best, and hope things are okay... Here, Halloween was a nice day, but Sunday brought some awful news that may disrupt the lives of many, my own life included. That would be the election of October 2022, that season is bad by default. But it gets worse when you see the far-left being elected again into power, by a small margin, true, but still. It gives them a "moral point" they don't deserve at all, quite the opposite. I am a libertarian, so I believe the state and cohercitive government (coercitive? Not a word I am even comfortable saying) are very bad disruptive things that causes all sorts of awful distortions, they are morally wrong. I was talking to a friend the other day, he is also on the libertarian frame, and did helped me be less desperate over this condition. I also follow another libertarian that says some stuff that are sort of calming... but well, I am a pessimistic on the sense of I believe the state can do great harm to so many, with its taxes, regulations and powers to intervene in every aspect of one's life, life that should be always undisturbed by those factors of coercion. I am worried about economic freedom going forward, about all the consequences of a more statist economy, such as inflation and misery, but it gets worse, I'm also afraid of the Overton Window being again pushed to the left, by the agents of power. We did had a more aperture to the whole right spectrum the past decade, and I am very concerned that can be all for not. I appreciate my libertarian-minded friends very much, but unfortunately I envision disaster and bad days ahead. Well, that being said... It is Christmas-Thanksgiving season, how lovely is that? At least something to rejoice upon, a very welcoming moment after so many hardships in 2022 (that wasn't so bad, in comparison to 2021 at least, personally). I've been less productive than I'd like to be these days, part of that because of Vic3, that amazing game taking the most of my mornings, but also because I've been reading, too, I went on an internship interview yesterday, so that is interesting! College slowed down a bit, but I'll soon have more activities to check on. To be fair, when I start on writing, so much I could share on the blog! Such as my drawings, but also some of my pictures from the Best of Instagram section! It is hard to curate it! Probably one of the reasons I moved most of the drawing stuff to my Patreon Blog! Yes, another place to scribble my thoughts! How wonderful, isn't it?


Two porcelain Ducklings! I know I should post more Christmas stuff, but I saw this picture on the files and I had to share it! So wonderful it is, I love the shades of blue.

Well, there are reasons to not look forward to the next days, it's painfully so, but also, it's november! One of the best months of the year! Christmas, Thanksgiving, and more niceties! And may it be productive, may it be filled with nice conversations with friends, we should cherish the carefree days, because I am very much concerned they could end soon, and could end violently. I myself am counting my blessings as I can, and I pray to God that the carefree days continue, even when evil comes fourth. Happy Tuesday once again, and happy November!

Comments

Popular Posts