Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which I plan my Christmas Card for 2024

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post. Happy Sunday, and I wish you the best, both today and on the new week. I must say: September is going by very fast. It is not a bad thing on its own, but I dread the approximation of Summer. There is the bright side the season of holidays is coning, with special dates such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, specially Christmas on my end, since it is my favorite one. How are you, this Sunday? I was here very recently, so I do not expect you to be that much in a different mood, even if a lot can happen in even a couple of hours. s for me, I am... still afloat, recovering from a harsh day, of many tears and no hope. As I try to occupy my free time, I did manage to play some games, such as Sims 3, and Europa Universalis, as well as trying Victoria 3 once again. On Sims 3, as I was in much distress, I decided that I would treat myself to some expansions of the game that I was missing: those were the niche last one released for the game:

In Which we say Hello to December, a month which obey its own special laws

Good morning everyone! Happy month of December, another one for our beloved Christmas season! How are you today? How are things going? This blog post should've come earlier this month, but I was struck with Covid, again! Second time this year. What is worse, the 1st of December my grandma had a conculsion (convulsion?), which we initially thought was a stroke. She was rescued fast and went to the hospital, but the impact was very hard to shake out. Well, yes, I am aware the season of this year is indeed filled with bad happenings, but well, you fall, lose a tooth, but you can recover if you are still alive, and I am, thank God! And I am already recovering, one day at a time! I haven't drawn much these days, unfortunately, because of all the bad things in my personal life, I hope I can do a piece or two before the end of this week, as I recover from the illness and the scare. What are the things you are excited about these days? I personally cannot wait for the new DLC of Anno 1800 to come out, only in two days time! That is pretty exciting isn't it? I can't wait to return to the game and play a lot of it! I am also excited to receive my christmas money, so I can purchase something nice for the season, such as... I am not sure yet what to get. I wanted a very proper straw hat, like the ones that come to mind when you talk about the handsome fellows of the 1920's... maybe a nice pair of sunglasses, ones that I won't lose this time around! The only thing about those things is just I don't go out of my house much... not many places to go, alas. I was thinking of a Kindle, but Kindles are on that weird spot of being not too expensive for an electronic gadget but too expensive to buy on a whim. I can read kindles through my phone, so I can't say for sure if I can justify its price. The postponed iPad plans come to mind, I am really not sure when I'll be able to get that. I thought about a Nintendo Switch, to play more casual games such as Animal Crossing, but those are seriously expensive! Way more expensive than a kindle, that is for sure. Speaking of going out, I wish I could go to the mall to see clothes I could get for a wardrobe renewal, but I have Covid, so that has to wait till I'm not really that contagious. I was thinking, for 2023, I wanted to dress better, such as the inspiring guys I see on Instagram, people such as GoldenEraAdam and Daniel_The_Sartorialist, of course that would require some adaptation because their weather is different than the green hell I live into, the microwave that is the tropics. It will be harder than I expected, to find something nice, because as I found out, the sale's catalogue on some stores is really poor of anything that I'd like. Hard to find a guide in the awful sad reality of the cultural nulity of a city I live in, so far away from European Civilization, the proper one. To be fair, most cultures that had the chance to keep refining themselves had come with amazing pieces of clothing, I have the asian countries in mind when I say this, I would love to get something Japanese inspired, but, it's really hard to find anything even on the internet. Well... apart from a wardrobe renovation, I was thinking of some books as well, but I should finish the one I'm reading at the moment first! I tend to be a slow reader...


I am participating on a Christmas White Elephant on a discord server I'm in! I was thinking that with that, I could do a small christmas card, though I can't promise I will do anything, I barely have drawn these days! This post is getting big, but it has been a delight to write on it! I should wrap things up now and return with more real soon! How many posts till we wrap 2022 out? I also can't tell, but I'll try to write at least two more! Likely more than that! Anyway, I see you again real real real soon! And I wish you again a happy December, and the best! Cheers!

Comments

Popular Posts