Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which the much waited DLC for Victoria 3 comes out!

Good morning, my friend, reader of this post! Happy Thursday! How are you and how was your week so far? How is the weather? As for me, I cannot deny it was a week with a great event, new DLC for Victoria 3 being released. The game, that I haven't touched much since May, was quickly revived by this new content. More on that, further on the this blog entry. I am overall okay, some ups and downs, I suppose it happens. At least I managed to sleep more reasonably Wednesday night, it has been rare for me to rest as much when I am supposed to do it, so that is a good achievement! The weather has been pleasant as well, cheers to that, I love Winter! How June is going by fast, at this point. Soon, it will be over. I already should plan on my Wrap up post of the month, so we can start July in a good way... one month closer to my birthday. I still hope I can switch phones, somehow, but financial troubles still haunt me. I did spend more in June than I was expecting, way more than I should, mu

In Which The Hat Uplifts oneself

Good morning, my friend, reader of this post, the post of number six hundred and thirteen of the divagation store, now going on its 5th year of existence! Dang... How are you today? How are things going? As always, I wish you the best, and hope good winds, fresh, may go your direction! How is the weather? This Sunday, it was rather pleasant! It didn't make much heat, it rained but also had a bit of sun for those who like it, everyone had good things, so that is excellent! Yesterday was my grandma's birthday, she has seen around seventy and something summers, that is remarkable, and I hope God may grant her many more summers, as I hope God may grant me many more summers, we all expect to live for as long as we can! I'd say "live in health and good moments" but truth is, when time matters, we just wanna be alive, though health and good moments are always a good thing, a great thing, even...

It is true that there are days in which we have little to write about, the mind feels barren and so on, but today I believe I have a couple of things to write about. This is both thanks to a stream I was around yesterday, where the guy was playing Anno 1404, one of my favorite entries of the Anno franchise, and also due to a very rich conversation I had with my instagram friend Tibor, who's a remarkably elegant fellow that inspires me with his very proper tophat and elegant suits, just the way someone should aim at dressing. Noticing once again his wonderful tophat, I was reminded of my own experience with a hat, my humble strawhat that I bought for Christmas 2022, a possession I cherished a lot! This experience made me reflect on how a hat can uplift oneself, helping you helding your head high and walking happier, as the sun won't damage you as much, and even if you are not dressed accordingly, it comes to value your whole outfit. I don't wear it as much as I should, I don't have many opportunities for it alas. The scorching sun and the uninviting appeal of my brazilian town does not inspire me for a walk at all. I haven't gone to the beach this season, and I believe there is a chance I won't at all. Still though, imagine the uplifting nature of a tophat, according to him the crowning jewel of western civilization, it truly is! Unfortunately hats are not worn much these days, and when they are, they are those ghastly baseball caps, that I personally cannot stand. I must say not all look bad, but the ones they use are hideous. I feel bad for not wearing my hat as much, and also for being surrounded by so much ugliness... also, it feels like I am complaining too much, but I can't help but to lament the times., and the bad things about it, you know, the relativism and such. Well, the hat inspires me to keep going, both on being myself and also on keep my journey of improvement and so on.

And about Anno 1404, it is quite a remarkable game, but having seen the flavor that Anno 1800 provides, the whole world of things that comes with it, and indeed it is a whole world of DLCs and updates and so on... I just in the end, besides the obvious issues I have with 1800, I do think it is more enjoyable for me than is 1404. I won't say one is better than the other, because both are very good, in different ways, and in some intersectional ways too. And both have flaws, which is only natural...

The post is getting quite big so I believe I should wrap things up around here, but I also hope to return here again real soon for more ideas and so on. Hopefully today I will read something, play more Anno 1800, perhaps draw if I so desire... I will have therapy as well, so that is good. I can't believe the month is going to its final half, that is crazy as well! Anyway, see you again real real real REAL REAL real soon! Bye and cheers!

Comments