Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

In Which I discover how comfortable is my working chair

Good morning to you, dear reader of this post, and happy Tuesday! How are you today? How are things? How did your week started? As for me, it is going okay I'd say, at least today I woke up in a very good mood, I just hope it keeps being that way, one step at a time. I decided to start experimenting with a new browser, which is the Opera GX, the so called "browser for gamers". Well, I did like it, specially because it can force some pages into dark mode, more soothing towards the eye, including Blogger. It is a workaround, but still extremely wonderful, as now I have dark mode blogger, wonderful!! Specially because I write mostly in the mornings, my eyes say "Thank you so much"! That's a point in for sure. Apart from that, concerning discoveries, I found out my chair is WAY more comfortable withouth the so called "ergonomic pillow" that I got some months ago. My chair that I use at home, as I keep finding out, is remarkable. A true investment that I made in my Birthday of 2022. I keep getting amazed by how amazing this chair is, how it improves my life. It seems like a work from God Himself, because I tried adding something to it, and it made it less effective, such is the divine work, if you add something, it makes the thing worse off, and if you take out something, just the same... Speaking of investments... I don't have any major plans so far for the birthday of 2023, but well, the year is just beginning! I want to purchase a book I found out on the Romanovs, but that may take some time because it is an expensive book... One step at a time is all we can do.


Today is not Thursday, which is the proper one for throwbacks, according to some at least, but as I was looking into the pictures of my instagram file, I found this one of the late dog of my grandparents, Sherlock (2003-2017) He was a beloved puppy that unfortunately on his late years was not behaving as in its prime ones, which means: barking way more than he should, or would've, peeing in innapropriate places, but he was much beloved, and when he died, he did leave a void that was later filled by Pepita and Luna, the doggies that today live with grandma. I can't say with grandparents anymore because another one that went away was my grandfather, as you know, he went away in 2020. The first major loss in my life. Well, unfortunately so it goes.

I hope I can work on some drawings today, I started one, and finished another, so that is nice. I don't find myself particularly inspired to write, but I wanted to stop by and check how are you, and also to say how I love my chair, this is the first time in my life I say such thing. Is it perfect? Nope, I don't even expect it to be, but it is a dramatic improvement from what I was in July 2022 for sure. As I write with this keyboard, I start to sketch an idea in my mind: getting a more ergonomic one, because this one is... I mean, the keys are too hard, and I keep misclicking. I know, these days I prefer not to use the keyboard of my laptop, to not put too much pressure into it, but that is how this keyboard I got is, in a word, rustic. So, time to wrap the post up. Thank you ever so much for reading, dear friend, that I cherish so much! OH, before I go, I'd love to mention this: I streamed recently, this Saturday, and it was alright! Such a fine time, I may do it again at some point! As I write on the blog to practice my english, which was a remarkable thing I did, I would stream again to practice my pronunciation! Well, if I stream again, I hope to write about it here! Speaking of which, I haven't updated my patreon blog in a while, perhaps soon should be the time to do so! Anyway, I am outstaying this post, see you again, as I say, real real real REAL real soon, hopefully by the end of the week! One or two posts before wrapping up January, what's not to love?

Comments