Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

In Which we have Pictures of Flowers and Kindles

Good morning to you, friend, dear reader of this post, happy Monday. How are you today? How are things going? I do wish you the best, and I hope your week may be a nice one! How is the weather? Here it is so hot and miserable, as to be expected from Summer. I think this is turning repetitive, the fact that I keep getting sidetracked, I blame Europa Universalis for being that good of a game. I haven't drawn much either, I hope that may change, one day at a time is all we can do. I started writing this post on the 9th of January, but like I said, I got sidetracked... As for this early morning, I am drinking my second mug of coffee, coffee makes me happy! I do detest when nothing comes to mind concerning writing a post. The more I think about it the less it comes out. And that sucks a lot, indeed. I guess I could chat a bit about Europa? That could be a good idea. I had two games that started well and ended badly, those were my games with the Teutons into Prussia, and also my own game forming Japan. The first one ended with me losing bad for Austria very late into the save, and the other ended up with a bad war with Korea. It was good while it lasted, though, that is true. I guess I should've moved my troops to the asian mainland before the war, not during it, a mistake I keep on making. But well... My next game, I am thinking if I should try Japan one more time or maybe play as Austria, one of my favorite nations. And speaking of other games, I could play Age of Empires 3, but I am bothered by the gap of difficulty between the levels moderate and hard, that could prevent me from returning to it for a bit. I could also play Vic3 as well, but I am a bit burn out in it, because I believe the game, for now, lacks flavor, and I can't get past that, for now, even if the game is indeed close to a masterpiece, bland bnt real good nonetheless. Concerning my other hobbies, I am a bit sad I haven't been drawing as much the past few days, just haven't been inspired enough for it, or when I am, I am not at my drawing board and that can be a problem. And I have some drawings I'd love to do, but sometimes I don't feel like doing them. I'd like to wrap up this post with a picture of some flowers I edited on the iOs in-built picture editor, that has been growing more and more onto me.

I am impressed by how fun it can be editing there, on the app! I believe it is quality stuff that comes out, too, pictures that sometimes are not taken the best way can be uplifted, and its flaws can turn to strenght, even, not always but it can happen. Anyway, it is not related but I'd love to mention I got a new Kindle! And I can say it really makes me wanna read more, I am progressing in the book I am reading right now, by Sir Roger Scruton, that is about architecture but it brings so much more to the table, the man was an intellectual machine, knowing all those authors, ideas, showing us why this is wrong and this is correct, it is a delight to read his books. That being said, I have been spending more than I should these days, I got the Kindle, a case for the Kindle that is still to arrive, and I hope it arrives soon because the device is so light and small I believe I'm gonna break it at any point by accident. Well, I also got two new pair of shoes, I know, this is a lot for someone who wanted to balance the budget this 2023. I do think that money is to be spent, but I also don't like being in financial stress or having pending bills and so on. The good side is that there is a good chance dad can help me cover for the shoes, but well... See, how writing is fun, the more you write the more you have things to say! But I think I should wrap things around here. Hopefully I'll draw something afterwards, and it should go fine.Or maybe I start my Austrian Run on Europa, or my Japanese run, or maybe no run at all and I read a bit on my new reading device... Thank you for being here, dear friend, wish you the best, and hopefully I'll be back real real soon, hopefully before next week, with more words, thoughts, vents and so on. Much love!


Comments

Popular Posts