Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which I plan my Christmas Card for 2024

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post. Happy Sunday, and I wish you the best, both today and on the new week. I must say: September is going by very fast. It is not a bad thing on its own, but I dread the approximation of Summer. There is the bright side the season of holidays is coning, with special dates such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, specially Christmas on my end, since it is my favorite one. How are you, this Sunday? I was here very recently, so I do not expect you to be that much in a different mood, even if a lot can happen in even a couple of hours. s for me, I am... still afloat, recovering from a harsh day, of many tears and no hope. As I try to occupy my free time, I did manage to play some games, such as Sims 3, and Europa Universalis, as well as trying Victoria 3 once again. On Sims 3, as I was in much distress, I decided that I would treat myself to some expansions of the game that I was missing: those were the niche last one released for the game:

In Which I build the city of Sawu and Pharaoh has too many bugs!

Hey friends, good morning! I am so happy to see you all lovely folk here for yet another post on the divagation store, with a stock filled with thoughts and ideas and well… divagations! Anyway, how are you? As for me, I am okay, just worried about the Pharaoh game I was so excited about (and still am excited about), I am worried because the game was shipped with a lot of bugs that are causing pain to many, and I wasn’t immune to some of those bugs, specially when I head to Rostja to build the big pyramids. This is teaching me just how hard building up a game is, and they ought to be extra careful now, so the game can get better critics. I maintain my score of 87 out of 100, even if I can think of at least one way this magnum opus could be improved. Like I said, due to the plague of Bugs and the flop of the combat system, and perhaps other idiosyncrasies that were also present on the Original Pharaoh, like the odd culture rating calculation system, the score on Steam sits at an appalling 62% with no sign of going up, anytime soon. That’s indeed a wrathful reception. I am not saying I endorse such anger, but I say we the pioneers of PANE (Pharaoh: A New Era) should be given some credit to facing the game before day 1, even. And those who are patient with the devs deserve some credit too, and the devs deserve many credits for bringing the game back to life, though filled with bruises. Labor of love, that’s for sure! I’ve been dedicating my free computer time towards the game, I’m about to wrap up the Middle Kingdom, at the huge metropolis of Bubastis, city of the goddess Bast. I am going there after founding a city centre at Sawu, on the shores of the red sea. The mission was lovely, apart from the odd calculation of the Culture rating, which made me build a huge amount of juggler schools, scribal schools, dentists, all over the city. Bubastis is gonna be sort of a nightmare, so I expect it to be, because it has a required culture rating of 85, the highest in the game. After I am hopefully done with it, I’m going to the unforgiving missions on the New Kingdom, 3 massive building missions culminating in the city of Hetepsenusret, a behemoth that should have a massive pyramid and 12 thousand inhabitants! That’s insane… it’s been so good to return to Pharaoh, apart from the bugs and other things. It has been giving me enough happy moments to endure some bad stuff. Such is the joy of videogaming! Apart from Pharaoh, I have had Anno 1800 on the back of my head these days, I hope I can revisit that game soon, to build yet more cities! And also Vic3! There are many games and not enough time! Dang… I also should study, that’s something I can’t keep postponing…


I am happy to finish yet another post with some thoughts, this time around on Pharaoh, a game much beloved, and that shows us the perils of game developing! Can't believe we are by the end of February! Wonder what March will bring, but I shouldn't worry about it too soon! I hope to return to the blog at least on the 28th to wrap up the month, and then later to start March! Hopefully it will rain... I love rain. Thank you, friend, for being here, means a lot! I wish you the best! See you again real real soon!

Comments

Popular Posts